All reviews speed boat small island main island private island slow boat outdoor bathroom group size beautiful coral reef a short boat ride island paradise clear water parrot fish storm clouds holiday destination traditional massage true paradise white sandy beach
Reviewed September 2, 2018

There is no other words to describe this place than heaven! And I don't think that I'm exaggerating. The location is simply stunning! It's a real definition of barefoot luxury. Each room is set in a private bungalow with open bathroom. And they are all set facing the ocean. When I open my door, I was directly welcome by the spread of white sandy beach and crystal blue ocean.

While I was staying there, I kept thinking that they are located in private island. But in fact they are not. And yet, this place is very quiet and secluded. The staff is really nice and helpful. I have a stomachache on my second day and they gave me this oil that works magic. Resort has a kayak that you can borrow. I would highly recommend kayaking. The water is calm and soo clear. It's a serene experience. Food was basic yet nice. Very understanable as they are located in remote island, away from the main island.

My other favourite? Climbing their sunset point, it's a small hill at the back of the resort where you can watch stunning sunset! Magical! I climbed this hill every day I was there. Definitely would love to come back!

Room Tip: Panoramic suite is located uphill very quiet with stunning view of the whole island
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank nayusb
Sudamala_R, General Manager at Sudamala Resort, Seraya, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Dear nayusb

Thank you for your amazing review of Sudamala Resort, Seraya.

I am really pleased to see that you describe our place as 'heaven', it is one the most satisfying comments we can get from our guests.
The whole team strives to provide you with the best holiday experience and I am happy to see that you have truly enjoyed our hospitality as well as our unique location. We are located on a small island with a perfect white sandy beach and that helps to instill that perfect feeling of absolute privacy. Although the location is so unique we are only a short boat ride from the mainland.

When you are not busy enjoying the beach we have kayaks and stand-up-paddle boards that are available to our in-house guests at no extra charge, these are a great way to spend some time on the water.

The sunset point is only a few steps away and has its own sunset bar during the late afternoon hours. The view from the sunset point is sublime and can't be missed.

The team and I are looking back to welcoming you again at Sudamala Resort, Seraya in the near future.

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

I enjoy a lot my stay at Sudamala Resort, I stayed for 5 nights and was a awesome experience. Excellent bungalows, beach and a great house reed just a meters away from the bungalow.
Staff is very friendly and attentive, work very hard to provide us a very good experience!
Aqura Dive Center - very well equipped, very professional staff and special thank to Pedro Miranda, dive instructor with whom I mage my PADI open water certification during my stay.
Also did the komodo, pink beach, snorkeling tour which was amazing and very well organized!

Downsides - WiFi is vey poor or practically inexistent, does not work at all for basic tasks - WhatsApp, or reading/sending emails. The report should make really improvement on this.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
Sudamala_R, General Manager at Sudamala Resort, Seraya, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2018

Dear Ana F

thank you for your nice review of Sudamala Resort, Seraya.

I am pleased to read that you had a great 5 night stay at our resort and commended our bungalows, location and especially our staff who is always trying to offer you the holiday of a lifetime.

Let me also congratulate you on obtaining your PADI Open Water Diver certification with our on-site Aqura Dive Center. I will make sure to pass a copy of this review to Pedro. I am also happy to see that you have had a great trip with them to see the Komodo dragons and did some amazing snorkeling at Pink Beach.

Our unique and remote location is severely challenging us in terms of connectivity but this is something we continuously work on to improve. Thank you for your feedback

Thank you again for your nice review and we look forward to welcoming you back and maybe next time you can continue your underwater adventures with the next PADI certification level.

Reviewed August 11, 2018

My husband and I stayed here last week for nine nights. We were looking for a place with peace and quiet, beautiful beaches and the opportunity to walk,snorkel or kayak as we wished. At the beginning of our stay we were allocated a bungalow in the busy part of the resort and our concerns about this (considering the length of our stay) were dealt with brilliantly. We were given a quieter room once it became available and were then kindly upgraded to the panoramic villa for the last few nights which was absolutely perfect; peaceful with plenty of room, its own pool and stunning views.
We ate at the buffet every night and found the variety of food to be more than adequate. Considering the isolation of the resort we thought that the food on offer was great. The prices of drinks are expensive but to be expected when you are away from main centres as this resort is. The staff in the restaurant, spa and reception were all extremely friendly and helpful and did all they could to ensure we were happy. We enjoyed chatting with them and learning a bit about the food and culture of Indonesia.
The team in the Aqura Dive centre were the same; informative and friendly. The prices for the dive trips may seem expensive but this is some of the best diving available the world over and we were not disappointed with either of our trips. Snorkelling on the resort's house reef was also an awesome experience we enjoyed daily - and this is right there on the doorstep.
We would recommend that if you are looking for peace and quiet you should book the panoramic villa or request a bungalow at that end of the resort. The isolation of the resort means that there are no other options for dining or activities but this is a perfect place to stay if you are looking to relax and enjoy an island paradise away from the hustle, bustle and noise of the rest of the world. Thanks to Koen and everyone for looking after us so well.

Stayed: August 2018
2  Thank cherola64
Sudamala_R, General Manager at Sudamala Resort, Seraya, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Dear cherola64,

Thank you very much for your review of Sudamala Resort, Seraya.

It is always a pleasure reading such detailed and positive feedback from our guests.

I am very happy that we have been able to make your stay with us a memorable one and that you have enjoyed our bungalow and our panorama villa, both with their own feats and characteristics. The panorama villa really is a gem and its stand alone location at the far end of our private beach ensures total privacy. The villa pool adds even more charm and the views from the villa's terrace are unbeatable.

I would also like to thank you for your feedback regarding our restaurant and kitchen, the food and beverage staff will be very pleased to read your review. Each guest review gets translated into 'bahasa indonesia' to ensure all our staff can read the guest comments.

I see you have also enjoyed a massage at our in-house spa and can only confirm that it is the best way to relax after a day of snorkeling on our house reef or a day out with the activity center visiting the Komodo dragons and the famous Padar viewpoint within the Komodo National Park.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you again at Sudamala Resort, Seraya for another relaxing stay.

Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed hugely our stay on Seraya, lovely beach, tastefully designed bungalows (we were upgraded to Panorama Villa with gorgeous views). Friendly staff, the manager was very attentive to detail. Food simple, a bit variable but good on the whole. Dive Centre staff very helpful and friendly - great boat trip (Padar, Komodo, pink beach...). Diving sites are really good, beautiful corals (including house reef right off the beach jetty), turtles, sharks...

Not cheap, but highly recommend.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family

Dear ColinReay,

Thank you very much for your review of Sudamala Resort, Seraya.

I am pleased to read that you have hugely enjoyed your stay at our resort and had a great time at our Panorama Villa.

The feedback about our food you describe as good but maybe lacking a little simple will be addressed with the respective department. I also appreciate the comment about our friendly staff, the whole team does its utmost best to make your stay a pleasant one.

Our on-site Aqura Dive center offers some great trips to see the Komodo dragons as well as some world class diving. We also have a spectacular house reef that is perfect for both diving and snorkeling, and is situated right in front of our beach.

I would also like to thank you for recommending our resort to future guests, it is much appreciated.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Sudamala Resort, Seraya in the future.

Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

This silent, clean and friendly place is great for snorkling just from your room :) Excelllent staff ! Very professional, English speaking. Tasty cuisine ! Fresh sea food, Local dishes, fresh fruit as well as juices. All great. Houses are clean. Beach is clean. Water is clean. Do not hasitate - book it !☘️

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family

Dear Orientana,

thank you for your nice review of Sudamala Resort, Seraya. It is much appreciated by all our staff.

I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed the snorkeling on our house reef just meters away from your bungalow's balcony. Our remote location helps us in maintaining the place untouched.

Your feedback about the great seafood, local dishes, fresh fruit and juices will be passed on to our kitchen and restaurant team, they will be delighted to receive your feedback.

I also am very pleased with your feedback on our cleanliness, we strive to keep the property in a perfect condition for you to enjoy your holiday in the best way. The whole team at Sudamala Resort, Seraya wants to make your stay a memorable one.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you and your family again in the future.