All reviews owners speak good english day trip sink roosters taxi balcony reception airport bed
Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

We booked 2 nights via booking.com. We read good reviews about this hotel, saying that staff are friendly etc.

Well....as an Indonesian myself, I dont consider their smiles as a friendly but more as an obligatory smile.

This hotel is far away from everything! They don't have shuttle service and also no breakfast! I can understand if there are alot of coffe shops or restaurants nearby the hotel, but there is NONE! What makes it worst, the sites is still under construction,so the view from your room will be a ruin. And our room was smelly from the seweged.

So we decided to checked out in the next day even tough we paid for 2 nights. I strongly advice to not stay there.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank meirna j
Reviewed July 21, 2018

Decent priced rooms but you get what you pay for, obviously. The location is far from town, no breakfast is provided (which is a little inconvenient as it's quite far from the nearest restaurant) and our room smelt of drains. The room was a strange layout too - there was a sink in a little kitchen area (although no running water) but no fridge or cooker! Very quiet and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

We had made a last-minute booking at Pavilla. We e-mailed and asked if there was a driver who could pick us up. No answer, so we took the plane to Labuan Bajo and just checked it there, but no driver. We asked another taxi and he drove us to Pavilla. Once whe arrived, we asked why they didnt answered. ‘Misscommunication’, oké! It can happen! We hired a scooter, but we got a helmet that couldnt close, because the strap was broken. The WiFi was sometimes bad and during the 6 nights we were there they only cleaned once (the first day). The bathroom sometimes smelled and the noise of the airconditioning in the hallway was hearable. We did extended our stay (from 3 to 6 nights), because Labuan Bajo is such a Nice place, it is a cheap place and they’ve got warm water! Also the girls who are working there are very nice, you can ask everyting and they arranged a shuttle back to the AirPort. So.. there is some work to do here, but there are also good things.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank annebijsterbosch92
Reviewed February 13, 2018

the guest house is an affordable place. The
Cons: is a shame the place is so far away from the town! is a 40-45 minute hike, with hills, confusing to get there, as during night time is quite dark.
-I've found a cigarette in the bathroom area. The bathroom was not too clean.
-No credit card accepted, so bring cash.
-power went off twice, during my two night stay. Did come back after 15 minutes the first time, and then 1 hour the second time.
Pros: the staff was nice, you can rent a scooter for the day for rp50k, is a great deal as each way taxi tot he town is around rp40/50k
-spacious room, the bedroom was clean, the bathroom not so good.
-close and direct to the airport.
-very good wifi

Overall was good for an affordable place, but is sad is so far from town.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carla_M86
Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

I stayed for two nights which were pleasant, quiet rooms and comfy bed.

Rooms:
Big room with comfy bed, only a fleece throw rather than sheet on the bed but very soft & looked clean. AC works well and doesn’t freeze you at night. Balcony with clothes rail to dry clothes which was handy. The bathroom was basic but clean & had hot water. Soap/shampoo not provided. There was also a big sink in the entrance lobby area to the room. Overall was clean but as the windows in the bathroom aren’t sealed a lot of ants get in & was bitten by mozzies. A bit of netting at the slots would help.

Service: very friendly receptionist checked me in, has all my info to hand. Her English was very good. The second receptionist was also very sweet but spoke less English. I think it’s their family home as reception closed at night. They could organise the Komodo day trip for 500k but found cheaper in town for 400k. They also organised a taxi for me to go to the airport for 50k (although it was 20 mins late!).

Location: it’s SO far from the town it’s not really walkable. The road it’s on is very dark and for 90% of the walk there are no paths. The verges are so muddy you have to walk in the road and the moped drivers aren’t aware of personal space it seems! It took about 40 mins, some uphill and some downhill so not easier going or coming back. Walking back at night I missed the turning as it’s dark and got lost. No shops or cafes close by. I paid 40k for a taxi back from town one evening. Easy to reach from the airport and quiet but not as convenient to walk around as it looks on the map. I think if it was more central the rates would be a lot more.

Would happily go back but only if I had my own transport.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled solo