See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 4, 2018

I found the room and the grounds of this dingy place so unclean and so unappealing that upon arrival my partner and I left immediately to find alternate lodgings. If the uncleanliness of the facility wasn't enough, there was garbage in our room and the wifi wasn't working. I am still trying to get a refund.

Date of stay: February 2018
Reviewed February 6, 2018

Forget older reviews, Felix has renovated.
Accomodation is good, bathrooms have new sanitation, tiles and paint. Bedrooms are freshly painted.
The rooms are large, some with fan others with airco. The price is still budget
The view from the restaurant is great as is the pancake served here for breakfast.
We were here 5 years ago, we liked it then, but the rooms have definitely improved.

Room tip: Service is oke, hygiene is good and large clean beds and bathroom.
Date of stay: February 2018
Reviewed April 14, 2017 via mobile

We had such a great time at Chez Felix! We were 7 friends and stayed there for 10 days. The place is above town and pretty quiet compared to other places in Labuan Bajo. With this comes also the amazing view on the harbour, Rinca and other small islands. We loved the sunset each and every day! Felix, who's name is actually Hieronymus, was always friendly and helpful, and we had a lot of questions and matters to solve. He even drove all of us several times to the airport on separate dates. We quickly became family and felt there like home.
So this rating is based on how i felt being there. Yes, the rooms are surely far from western standards or from what a lot of people expect. But hey, this is Indonesia, this is a homestay, not a 4-star Hotel. You pay 10$ a night, if you share it's 5$. To all those bad reviews: what do you expect for 5$??? Sometimes i ask myself how some people think, unbelievable. Also, concerning “unfriendlyness“ in some reviews: if you give love, you get love. Enough said!
Thank you Hieronymus and family for everything!
We'll always come back to you if we're in Labuan Bajo.

P.S. best banana pancake in town and kopi flores with unlimited susu. Just great!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 18, 2017 via mobile

Rooms are decent, beds comfortable and the rooms are clean. The hotel is away from the main road so is quiter than many other hotels, but be prepared to be woken up at 5am every morning by the call to prayer (you would hear it from all hotels here).
The bathroom was basic. The sink and the toilet didn't have running water and the shower pressure wasn't great, but at least we were able to have a shower. This was apparently just our room though.
The staff are lovely and chatty. The owner of the hotel would often ask how we were and if we needed anything, and even took us to the airport when we checked out. Breakfast of a banana pancake is included, with tea or coffee.
The best thing about this hotel was the terrace that overlooked Labuan Bajo bay. The view is even more beautiful at sunset.
We looked at quite a few hotels in Labuan Bajo before deciding on this one, as we felt this was the best priced one.
I would stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2017
Reviewed October 19, 2016

I stayed here in July for one month while I was diving. I had an airconditioned room, which cost a bit extra, but for the equivalent of AUD350 for a month (and I know people who paid less) this is extremely cheap. breakfast is included, but it was never ready by the time I left in the morning at 6.30am. Rooms are extremely basic, but bed was ok. Some days there was water from the shower, other days not, so most of the time I bathed from a bucket of water. This place is relatively central, about a 10 minute walk from the main drag. Whether you like it or not I guess depends on your priorities.

Date of stay: July 2016