“Spectacular Views and Friendly Staff”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Labuan Bajo
Bayview Gardens Hotel
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Labuan Bajo
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The hotel is very close from the airport and the harbor. So it's a perfect place. The view were fantastic, the room is up on the hill so you can view the the harbor and whole city from above. Even I've spent so many hours just sitting by the balcony to watch the sunset over the harbor. And most of all, this hotel has a very friendly and helpful staff. The room is clean, nice and comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed in Bayview for two nights in Nov 2012. We were not disappointed. We were picked up from the airport as we requested. The hotel is not that far from the airport. With no traffic, it took us maybe five minutes by car. The hotel has a fantastic view overseeing the harbor. In the afternoon particularly near sunset, you will be able to see the great view of nature's changing lights. Do not take off your eyes off the sky because you will be amazed with how quick the color keeps on changing. I really regret that we only stayed for two nights in Labuan Bajo.

Pro:
1) great view. The rooms is high enough on the hill that you can clearly see the harbor and have an uncluttered view of e sky
2) the room is cool during daytime. We were baffled on why every time we returned to our room during the afternoon, the room was always cool even though the outside temperature were sweltering. This is with no aircon turned on.
3) clean rooms
4) various drinks condiments were provided from powdered milk sachet, coffee, cereal drinks, tea, etc and the evening snacks.
5) the hotel is not that far from the town. The town is several strips of housing near the harbor. So if you do not rent the motorcycle then you can still walk to town.

Areas for improvement: none that we noticed immediately

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We love this place. Great owner, Adrian, and great family making sure your every desire is delivered. The villa next door is exquisite and a good combination for large groups. In my opinion, the best two places to stay in Labuan Bajo!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed one night in Bayview Garden after 2 nights in Kenawa. While the view from the hotel is great and the staff friendly, the room smells bad, there is mold on the wall and bed sheets are humid. Many mosquitoes. Nice breakfast

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Caro_Ingalls
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Great hotel with great balcony and superb wiev. The staff was very helpful, also the owner was very nice and always ready to help.

I also had a private safe in my room. Everything was great except the location is kind of remote.

Room Tip: Probably the best choise in Labuanbajo
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed at Bayview Gardens 3 times over the course of 2.5 weeks as I was diving in the Komodo National Park with Wicked Diving. I really enjoyed my stay at Bayview Gardens, the staff are great. Adrian the owner is really helpful. I had problems with my Currency Travel Card and he offered to help me get the problem resolved. Luckily the problem was resolved the next day. Email communication to book the dates I wanted was easy. I will be staying at Bayview Gardens next time I am in Labuan Bajo as theres lots more diving to do in this area. I read the previous few reviews before I wrote this. I got to say the the last review is way of the mark when he said the rooms are average. The rooms are really nice and comfortable, some people are never happy. Also the views are great. Great place to chill out.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed here just for a few nights before and after a trip to the surrounding islands. The rooms are average, the view is wonderful as the hotel is on the hill side. The staff is extremely helpful and nice. Before the booking, Adrian was very helpful providing all information we needed, but also during our stay the staff did everything to help us.

If you would like to go to Komodo and Rinca, I would absolutely advice to book it via the hotel. We paid 2,200,000 IDR in total and we had a nice boat with cabin for the two of us with 4 staff members. As we were the only guests on the boat, we could decide where we wanted to go at any time. It was one of the highlights of our trip in Indonesia, really wonderful!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple