“First visit, suitably impressed”
Review of Petite Fleur at Seifried Estate - CLOSED

Petite Fleur at Seifried Estate
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Nearly the middle of winter but a sunny window table, felt like summer. I had the pan-fried gurnard (chef's catch) which was served on new potatoes and veges. Veges cooked just how I like. I could not say no to dessert particular as I was able to have a small bit of each (3 choices) on a tasting platter. All yummy. My friends chose the hot smoked salmon and the asian beef salad and were happy with both. I did not see a vegetarian option there although one of the platters may have been. Very enjoyable and lovely atmosphere.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

We did lunch here whilst on holiday in Nelson on a sunny winters day

The food was good but not fine dining but that is reflected in the very reasonable prices

They have an excellent enclosed outdoor area to dine in with excellent playground for small children so you can eat while watching your children.

Of note if you dine in on the month of your birthday or anniversary you get free bottle of wine if you join their club. You can find this on their website. As it turned out it was the the week of my wifes birthday. This is a fantastic idea and a nice touch

A very pleasant experience we would return

Reviewed April 20, 2012

Lovely setting and generally nice enough. However we were here as a group of about 40 and the meal was a little disappointing...especially Dessert

1  Thank JanetW0
Reviewed April 14, 2012

We have been to petite Fleur a number of times, and its always been consistently good. Its best to go on a lovely sunny calm day and sit outside in the courtyard area. Its surrounded by a vineyard and its so pleasant sitting outside. I really enjoy the platters and they are beautifully presented, but the other choices and specials are all very good. We shared a bread and dips platter for starters and it was the best I have ever had. They even have a desert platter with a sample of deserts - but I was just too full to try this even though I would have loved to have the reisling cheesecake and red wine mousse. Next time!
For a relaxing enjoyable lunch in the country I do recommend petite fleur.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

We went with some friends to Petite Fleur on a beautiful Autumn day. The food was absolutely amazing - service excellent and as for the wine - superb!