“Here we are again!”
Review of The George Hotel

The George Hotel
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A lovely old characterful village pub set in the heart of Cullingworths conservation area. Surrounded by fields and moorland. Three wood burning stoves, 7 real ales brewed two mins away by the owner. A large selection of lagers and other beers both draught and bottled. A fully comprehensive wine menu. Fantastic home cooked food created by our team of chefs with locally sourced fresh ingredients and to top it off good old fashioned polite service with a welcoming smile. Now with a newly completed extension used as a dinning room, a brand new kitchen as well all sympathetically built in keeping with the local conservation area.
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Table booked for a family meal for my birthday, and decided to eat fairly early so that the grandchildren could join us.

As always - wonderful food and lots of it. Grandson (aged 9) decided to take on the George Burger and he nearly won! He has hollow legs, but it defeated him in the end! Everyone enjoyed their food choices - son had the George Pie and said it was great but would have liked less meat and more gravy or mushrooms etc as it was "too much of a good thing" - all portions are so generous!

A great time had by all once again - we were rather loud and lairy - just hope that we didn't annoy the other diners - if we did - "Sorry"! We will be back again if you let us in!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

A friend who lives in the village invited us to lunch here for my husband's birthday. And we're very glad he did... comfy sofas before we went into the dining room, an interesting menu - not huge, which can make you doubtful how good it will all be - but varied enough that you're unlikely not to find something you fancy. We started with pints for the men and a half for me of what they said were well kept beers (I just liked mine, but I'm no expert!) then on our friend's advice skipped the starters and went straight for the mains. They had to have the 1lb burgers, with which they both chose blue cheese, while I opted for the fish and chips. I let the staff choose the beer for the batter as I'm not familiar with Old Spot Brewery ales: I received a huge piece of haddock in David-Dickinson-on-a-sunbed batter that was light, tasty and stayed crispy until I finished, which I eventually did. Tip - order some ketchup as the portion of peas was quite small, but given the quantity of fish and chips I doubt I'd have managed any more. Both men finished their burgers, which were lean, well-cooked and came with three doughnut sized onion rings which were crisp outside and soft inside. The chips were more like wedges but who cares when they taste that good. Then we decided we did have room for puddings; they chose the white choc n and raspberry cheesecake, our friend with cream and my husband with vanilla ice cream, while I went for the chocolate, cherry and pistachio tart. They drooled over the cheesecake and I thoroughly enjoyed my tart; the cherries were just sharp enough to cut through the rich chocolate and the home-made dark chocolate ice cream was tdf. And the total bill was around £42 including the drinks, which given that I wasn't hungry til late lunchtime the next day was very reasonable!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

As a regular of this pub it's only fair I share my views with the wider public. The beer in this pub is excellent and as reasonably priced as you will find in the local area. The local brewery supply the beer and it has a growing reputation in Yorkshire as one of the finest micro breweries about. The food is also excellent. The Bingley/Keighley area has been crying out for a pub to do good food at fair prices for a few years now and the George has certainly filled this gap in the market. Service always comes with a smile no matter whether you're a regular or a passer by. The owners are a credit to the place as are the staff. Give it a go, you won't regret it.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We arrived on a Friday evening and despite being busy they were kindly able to fit us in for some food. Lovely little pub with great value drinks (Dark but Light beer being a fave of the hubby) and the Merlot was very tasty.
Come hungry - the portions were pretty big so you won't leave feeling peckish, and I didn't have room for pudding which definitely says something!
I had Thai curry, but if you're more of a burger fan then this is the place for you, with chunky rustic chips, onion rings and a HUGE burger which was very tasty (had to help him out with the eating bit, obviously!)

Overall a welcoming atmosphere which made our first night in Cullingworth a great one.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The restaurant part of the pub was smaller than I thought. We had been advised to book to be sure of a table because it gets very busy. We booked a table for 4 people, it was the first visit for all of us and we will definately return to sample other meals. On this occasion we ordered 3 pie meals and one fish based tagliatellie. All the meals were gorgeous, tasty and plentiful. The meat pie came in a dish full of tender beef, covered with pie crust. The chips were very yummy and came in their own little basket. Vegetables were cooked just how we like them, cooked not raw. Good presentation. We were not over faced, there was just the right amount of food. Two of us finished off with a pudding which was big enough to share. The service was excellent. All the staff were friendly and helpful. The meal cost £44 for 4 (excellent value). We will definitely return here and have already told our friends how good it was. I am not sure about the seating outside because we went in the back entrance by the car park.