“Zombie Water Park”

Mont Cascades
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Cantley
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: In the scenic splendour of Gatineau hills, just 20 minutes away from the nation's capital, Mont Cascades offers fun for the whole family! SKI: Skiers and snowboarders of all levels can enjoy Mont Cascades Resort. From beginners to experts, everyone will have great fun on our 20 runs, including 15 available for night skiing. Our 5 chair lifts, including 2 quad chair lifts and a carpet, will ensure you spend less time waiting and more time skiing! WATER PARK: Mont Cascades Mountain Waterpark is designed to entertain the whole family. It features four water slides for adults, six slides for the kids, six slides for all the family members, a large activity area with waterfalls, swimming pools, a vast picnic area as well as a complete restaurant. Great location for office parties, family celebrations or outings with friends.
Ottawa, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Zombie Water Park”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This water park seemed like it was ran by Zombies. The kids working there seemed like they had no energy, no emotion and no sense of work ethic. I don't know how these employees were trained. If their managers told them "go out there and do nothing" then they are doing a great job, because that is exactly what they did.

One slide attendant was apparently too busy eating Dunkaroo's to give the "okay" to the next set of people going down the slides. The rest did not feel like helping anyone pull their tubes out of the pool. It was sad to see three small children try to tug the giant tube out of the water on their own.

Another attendant left the slide right before my turn came. I had no instruction as to how to properly go down the slide or when it was safe to do so. If there was a small child up next and went too soon, that could have resulted in an injury or something more serious.

Well, thanks to Mont Cascade I was able to spend my day at the Zombie Park feeling unsafe, without a single smile or any assistance when most needed. It was a great day!

Visited August 2013
5 Thank Monika H

Ottawa, Canada
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Waterpark near to Ottawa!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We went on the only sunny day one rainy week in the summer and the waterpark was packed with people! We were lucky to find a place in the shade even though we arrived shortly after lunch but for a full day outing something to shade the children from the sun would have been useful (like a small tent/umbrella). We were happy to find that the line-ups for the slides for small children were quite short. The slides and kiddie pools were a big hit with the kids.

One thing to note is that parking was scarce and we ended up parking a fair distance away (we used our stroller to transport the baby which worked out quite well).

I appreciated that there was a nice indoor change area (although it would benefit from some better lighting in the actual change cabins which were very dark when you pulled the curtain) and that there was a small shop where we could buy some baby swim diapers (we had forgotten ours at home).

For the price ($16.99 per person but we managed to get tickets for $12.49 at Costco) this was a fairly affordable family outing as we could easily have stayed the whole day . It's possible to buy food at the park itself but there are also lots of picnic tables and many people had coolers with them so self-picnicking is quite possible.

Despite the crowds, the park area was clean and well maintained.

1 Thank guzadog
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our new favourite spot!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We decided to go to Mount Cascade yesterday for the first time.
We wish we had not waited so long to go! We have been to Calypso and Wonderlands water park but our visit to Mount Cascade was much more fun.
We got there around 11:30 the parking lot is under construction and was already pretty full so we had to park pretty far away so I would suggest dropping of your kids (and a parent) at the front with your cooler.

Get in have no problem getting a spot we brought our own umbrella so we could sit away from the busy shaded spots. The park was fairly busy but the lines were not too bad. It is a older park but in decent shape it might not have all the rides calypso has but it was still lots of fun and very affordable. I do suggest packing your own lunch as the cafeterias food wasn't great and a little pricy.

The staff were very friendly and doing a great job keeping things running smoothly. The one thing that shocked me was the amount of 8, 9 and 10 year olds running around the kids area and having no regard for the little kids. A few times my 3 year old was pushed and hit and when I very politely said something to the kids they didn't care. Not too long after the lifeguard stepped in and said something as it continued to happen to other kids.

Overall we had a great experience and we will be buying season passes next year!

1 Thank JeannieMarie83
Ottawa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great fun at a pretty good price”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Just got back from this place. It's really nice. While there aren't a whole ton of rides, they have the main popular ones.
We left early in the morning and made it there for opening at 10am. It wasn't too busy, wait time to go on most rides was less than 4-5min (and on some, no wait whatsoever). As the day progressed, it got much busier. By around 1 is when it started peaking I feel and wait time for popular rides was maybe closer to 15min.
This was my first visit at Mont Cascades and while I enjoyed the rides, there are a few key things I would suggest to others planning to visit.
First and I think most important, bring some of those water shoes (the ones that secure to your feet). Walking bare feet on the asphalt became unbearable by around 1:30 (when we decided to leave because of this). There's a lot of walking up hills to get to the rides, and going bare feet, I ended up with a few blisters. I honestly think this is a MUST, and next time we visit I'll be getting the family some.
Second, try to leave all your expensive belongings (electronics, wallet, sunglasses) at home or in your car hidden. There is staff in the parking lots directing people, so I doubt there are break ins. The reason I suggest this is because while they do have lockers, it costs 2 dollars to lock your stuff away and you can't reopen that locker without having to pay another 2 dollars (kind of a scam if you ask me). So what I'd suggest is maybe carry a credit card in a pocket that can be zipped up, leave the rest at home or in the car. A lot of people will bring a cooler (no alcohol can be brought in, they will check as you come in and any alcohol will be left with the attendant with your name tagged on it, so you can pick it up when you leave) and towels with them to the picnic tables and lay claim to a table, and everyone seems to respect that so you can just leave that stuff at your table while you enjoy the park.
The water park is pretty inexpensive compared to most (16.99$ each regardless of age) and doesn't seem as much of a money grab as Calypso. Parking is free and plentiful here. I would definitely recommend for a fun day with the kids of a significant other (there are lots of rides for 2 to 5 people).

4 Thank Curt613
Sudbury, Canada
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great for all ages”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Very inexpensive, not far at all to drive from Ottawa, and great for kids. Good water slides for kids, from little ones to medium ones to big ones, it's pretty busy but much less than Calypso.

Visited August 2012