Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
FraNan
Dallas

Just Perfect

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Apr 30, 2022via mobile
We had a wonderful time at Ambergris Cay. From the moment of arrival to the fond farewell, everything is first-rate. The resort is quiet, romantic, luxurious and laid back. We often felt that it was _our_ private island.

We stayed in a cottage. It was beautiful and well-appointed. Our private pool was heavenly and romantic, the beach and water were pristine.

We made several new friends - the number of guests is small enough to easily connect with others. Same with the staff. They treated us like family. They are beautiful, caring people who take pride in taking care of guests.

We did virtually every activity- Hobie sailing, snorkeling, sunset cruise, deep sea fishing (caught 8!), bone fishing, lots of massages. Delmis provided the best massages we have ever had. The water sports team of Cal, MJ, Marvin, Fancy were great company on our various adventures.

Our Butler, Damion, took special care of us. He went above and beyond to make sure we were having an awesome visit. His trademark phrase, “I got you” is certainly true!

Madonna and Marian, the Concierges, made sure our itinerary was set just as we had asked. The food and beverage team provides warm and attentive service, and the food is superb. There is a nice selection at every meal and plenty of variety. We loved the Indian food! Rahul, the manager, sees to every detail. We could always count on Pedro, Victor, and Lisa (Flourette :)) to attend to every element of our meals with a smile. Jay and Alejandro provide delicious and creative drinks. Try Jay’s special Bloody Mary!

We can’t say enough about our experiences at Ambergris Cay. We will definitely be back!
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
    52.5 miles from Ambergris Cay Private Island, Turks & Caicos - All Inclusive
    53.6 miles from Ambergris Cay Private Island, Turks & Caicos - All Inclusive
    53.2 miles from Ambergris Cay Private Island, Turks & Caicos - All Inclusive
    View more hotels in Big Ambergris Cay
    All reviews private plane golf cart sunset cruise reef fishing private pool beach suite floating bar lobster night water sports crew our honeymoon calico jack greeted with champagne saxophone player minute flight boat crew outdoor shower personal butler
    Selected filters
    Reviewed April 27, 2022

We went and spent 4 nights and 5 days and everything was simply amazing. Garey was outstanding planning every day for us and making sure all was perfect, making sure we never had to think about a thing. We went for my wife's 50th birthday and the people at the resort made it extremely special for her with song and celebration. We rented 1 bedroom villa and many others have said I did not want to leave. It was thoroughly relaxing. I surprised my wife with the destination and she cried it was so beautiful. What makes this place so special and second to none are the people that are at the resort helping you in every aspect. Jay and Angie at the bar were amazing as were all the folks in the dining area. I can't rave enough about this special place. We are already planning another excursion it was so amazing and special.

Reviewed April 25, 2022

Well, we've been home for about 48 hours and that's 48 hours we've been wishing we were back in Ambergris Cay. A little about us and our trip - we are a family of four with 2 kids age 3 and 5. I (mom) was looking for something super relaxing where I didn't have to plan a single meal or even think about where to eat for the entire stay. We initially booked a 1 bedroom suite but got upgraded to a 3 bedroom villa which I was super happy about but then was worried about the location. When we arrived, an "itinerary" had already been set up for us with about 1 activity a day - we could add or change depending on availability.

I know other reviews here have said that the other beaches have been rocky, but we stayed in Villa 383 and it was wonderful. It was definitely nice to have a washer/dryer with the kids. The villa was HUGE and having 3 bedrooms was a plus so everyone had their own little space. The beach that it is on has a few more waves and is not as "popular" as the one where the 1 bedroom suites are, but it is still absolutely beautiful and we still had fun jumping the waves and swimming. It is also super close to the tennis courts which was great for my husband as he played almost every day we were there (few times with the pro and a few times with some random people he met).

As everyone else has stated here, the service is unbelievable. I usually don't care too much about service because I'm not one that loves being pampered and waited on hand and foot, but holy cow. They really take it to another level and it feels so genuine. I'm not sure where they find these people but they are so helpful and so kind and so good at anticipating everyone's needs, from mine to my kids and my husband. They also give you this phone to carry around so that you can get in touch with your butler or vice versa - it's super handy. You also get a golf cart to drive around because there are no cars on the island. I've decided I'm okay giving up my car for a golf cart.

There's not a kids club or a place you can drop the kids off per se, but every night at dinner, the kids would run around and hang out with the staff and my husband and I could enjoy a semi-date night dinner and not have to worry. During the day, the kids were easy to manage by the pool or by the beach and if we were at Calico (main social hangout area), the kids usually had other kids or a staff member to hang out with. They did a cute Easter egg hunt on Easter and pizza nights and roasting marshmallows. Even our butler, Orlando, was so fantastic with the kids and never seemed bothered by their normal, crazy kid behavior.

The food was so delicious especially considering how remote we were. The menu pretty much stays the same for breakfast and lunch, but dinner was different every night. Everything was incredibly fresh and the portions were so perfect. I love eating out but dislike large portion sizes - they got it right every time here. Some of our favorites were any type of fish, anything coconut crusted, Indian night, all the soups, ceviche. My husband also really enjoyed their juices. They had a kids menu with the standards, but the kids also really liked their salmon. Orlando, our butler, also personally delivered a fruit plate and cheese plate to the villa every afternoon and even some delicious cookies sometimes.

The excursions were also fun and again, the guys doing the excursions took it to a whole other level. We did the sunset cruise, snorkeling twice, tubing, bone fishing (on shore - reef fishing is on the boat but is 4 hours), and deserted island picnic. I was hoping for more from the snorkeling, but the waters were really choppy when we went so our young kids couldn't quite figure it out. Luckily I had bought a flotation thing for snorkeling where they could lay on it and look down at the reefs and they liked that. I found out from the water sports guys later on that they will sometimes have last minute cancellations so if you really want to do something, you can check in with them or have your butler check. Each adult also gets a complimentary 60 minute massage - this was really nice and both of us enjoyed it. As I mentioned, my husband played with the tennis pro, Alon, at least 3 times - he really enjoyed hitting with him.

And now, for the shout outs:
    - Orlando - thank you so much for EVERYTHING. You made our stay a dream and we can't thank you enough. The kids talk about you every day.
    - Rahul and the waitstaff including Alejandro, Pedro, Johandry, Evelyn, Lissa - thank you for our delicious meals, amazing service, and being so kind to the children. You made every meal special.
    - Jay and Angie (bartenders) - From juices in the morning to cocktails and origami at night, we will always remember your smiles and your kindness and playfulness with the children.
    - Frantz - Thank you for your creativity and efforts in keeping our children happy and entertained!
    - Watersports guys - including Sammy, Markus, Sharky, Marlin - thanks for the incredible adventures and your patience!

If you are reading this review and considering Ambergris Cay, I would stop reading and just go ahead and book it! You won't regret it.

Reviewed April 4, 2022

The beachfront bungalows are breathless, private & romantic. They provide a wide range of activites, but our favorite was the deserted island lunch. The water staff are outgoing & fun As previous reviews have stated the staff make the difference. They all are so accomondating. Orlando was our butler & is very friendly, fun & professional. Couples things to know:
    - if you are looking for any sort of entertainment this isn’t the place for you
    - current fitness room is small & limited equipment, but we made it work
    - bottles of booze for the room are extra, but Orlando would provide full glasses of whatever we wanted
    - the airport @ Providence is very basic & can get very busy. Check in is outdoor so was very hot
    - we did fast pass on arrival & did not need it & would not have made any difference for departure
    - dress code varies. Recommend dress in whatever you feel comfortable in. We saw couples dressed up for dinner & at the same time saw couples in t shirts & shorts
    - lastly - the tipping. We would have liked to have had more knowledge on this. We did tip a couple people during our stay, however we put our tip to individuals & service area staff into envelopes & gave them to Orlando to distrubute at the end of our stay. We are unsure if we were generous enough, but felt we were. In total we tipped $1,400 for 7 day stay.

Reviewed March 28, 2022 via mobile

I am not a frequent reviewer because I find reviews largely unhelpful simply because reviews are colored by our own experience and expectations. I have been to resorts and top end hotels all over the world. I can say without a doubt, Ambergris is my favorite resort. We will be back later this year.

I have stayed in more ornate rooms and certainly there are resorts with a fancier dining experience. But, Ambergris is about a private island experience and it delivers perfectly. The restaurant serves very good food, the activities are largely included and the property is beautiful. I have not seen a better beach or more clear water.

We stayed in one of the ten bungalows on the beach. It is roomy with a private pool and direct beach access. This is a resort where you can stay at your room all day and be perfectly content. And, while other guests are there you feel like you have the place to yourself.

The reason this resort is worth visiting, however, is the service. The check in experience was quick and simple. You are immediately assigned a butler who hands you a phone that you use for all requests during your stay. And all the staff is incredible and responsive.

Orlando was our butler. The man is a star. Not only did he take amazing care of us, he was just great to have around and get to know. After a day or two he seemed to anticipate our needs. Absolutely unmatched service.

We got to know Jay at the resort bar who was an absolute delight.

The wait staff at the restaurant were very good.

Rahul consistently checked on us throughout our stay and was great to get to know.

If you want a resort where you can get away and unplug this is your place.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
    Reviewed March 27, 2022

We had one of our best family vacations at Ambergris Cay -- a special experience from start to finish. We stayed in one of the villas with our three kids. The place was immaculately maintained and beautifully decorated. The entire resort was beautiful and relaxing. Lots to explore. The amenities were first class. We enjoyed the bone fishing, reef fishing, tubing, sunsets, swimming at night, exploring, beach, and amazing meals. Above all, the team was extremely warm and welcoming. Thank you for such a great experience.

1  Thank cs76737nyc