“Still the top spot in my book”
Review of Mangoes

Mangoes
Cuisines: European, German, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I have been going to Mangoes every time I come to Langkawi and it never fails to deliver a nice home cooked meal.... Something that most tourists crave after eating in restaurant after restaurant on their holidays. Recently I read a review that called the owners racist. They are the farthest from racist of anyone I know. Much of their clientele are asian, their staff are entirely asian, and many of their friends are asian. Is it possible that the writer resents the popularity of Mangoes? Maybe he/she is even a restaurant owner losing business. At any rate, using the slur of calling someone racist says more about the contributor than those fine people at Mangoes. Shame on you!

Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

My third visit to Mangos and as always a pleasure. Great bucolic setting and relaxed atmosphere with genuinely caring service. The owner Michelle (one L or two, I'm not sure) is a real character and gives a hearty welcome. Racist she is definitely not, as my Thai dining companion was treated royally, and an adjoining table of Chinese tourists were well cared for too.

The food was a little slow in coming, but roast chicken is best not undergone. It was worth waiting for with its creamy mashed potatoes and onion gravy. The fish steak was fine but lacked accompanying vegetables I thought. The preceeding chicken liver pate was okay but the house white wine was a bit disappointing. I switched to beer. But it was a nice meal and overall great value for money.

Will be back again.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Racist host that doesn't serve the asian and feedback on food was not well received.

Waited there for so long and was not served. A group of Caucasian came in and they were served before us.

The 'menu board' was shifted to face the Caucasian and all we could do is wait. If it was not because of the rain, we would have left.

2  Thank Tenshi C
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Had my finely made Sunday brunch amidst cluster of traditional Malay houses and shades if trees. A pathway leading to the beach with relaxing music playing in the background would make this place a 5 star by any Langkawi standard.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Our second visited this year to Mangoes Restaurant and we had a great time with host Michelle and Lutz. What a dream of a place it's like you are sitting in a beautiful garden with a sea view.
Tonight we had the roast pork and scollop potato with broccoli and cauliflower and they even had apple sauce on the side. I managed the pavlova with lashing of cream topped with passion fruit sauce. The don't have Long Island Teas on there drinks menu but for Michelle this was no problem
at all she was happy to make them for us. We have been to many restaurants on the island of Langkawi and this rates one of the best if not the best for quality and low prices. Where else can you get good food and drinks at such low prices, you must visit and you will want to go back.

1  Thank bonesi