7,883 results
All reviewsinfinity poolfamily poolmarket grillbuffet restaurantpiano bargarden roomred levelsensatori guestsbeautiful hotelsalt waterbooking systema la carte restaurantsthe sofa bedclub oceanwaiter servicethe wow factorpirate ship
Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

Dear All

I would never normally do this, but after spending 6k on a weeks family holiday. I felt it right to write a brief review (bearing in mind I am still currently on holiday at the hotel)

It started on the first night our plane was delayed and we did not get to the hotel until very late with two young children.

The welcome was really poor. No welcome drinks very unorganised and not a great start.

We finally got to our room to find some basic things wrong, beds etc. I raised this with the manager on reception. He ended up being very rude and arguing with me. This was to continue with various staff. All my requests were very basic e.g. A cheese toasty to take away for my child I was told no and the head waiter was rude and did not even offer to help.

They say it's a family hotel well the food choices for children are very limited to say the least. One night there was a choice of rice chips fish still on the bone and plane pasta. We have stayed in many sensatorys and this one was by far the worse.

We felt the staff would not go the extra mile. This was a common theme, however I will give a big praise the the general service staff they worked hard under what looked like tough rules. Oh I was also refused help with my drinks and I was not allowed a tray to carry my own drinks. Which were very expensive. It's the first all inclusive hotel where you pay for basics like water at 4.50 euros for a small bottle and this was reflected in other prices 24 Euros for 4 teas.

All in all I will right a more in depth review when I'm to try and help people navigate there way through this chaos of a hotel.

But one tip I can offer for now is don't waste your money with this sensatori go to Crete or Cyprus they are more welcoming and your money will be better spent.

Thanks

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
10  Thank Happiness731838
Álvaro C, Guest Experience Manager at Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us through TripAdvisor and for choosing our resort for your holiday.

We regret if your stay with us was not up to your expectations due to the situations you described.

in respect to your comment about our boards, we would like to inform you that at our hotel we do not commercialize an All Inclusive package. Therefore, our guests can choose any of the different boards we have and the complement it with one of our drinks packages, whether Silver or Gold, in order to get a selection of drinks served during their meals as well as a variety of drinks and cocktails at our bars.

We are truly sorry if the attention from our front desk team was not satisfactory, and we apologize if you felt that the member of our team who was attending you was rude, since this situation does not match our usual high quality service standards. Therefore, rest assured that you specific case will be checked with the front desk team in order to prevent any similar situation to be a cause of dissatisfaction for our guests in the future.

Finally, referring to our gastronomic offer for children, we are sorry to read that the variety of dishes served at our Restaurants was not to your liking. I have already forwarded your comments to our area supervisors in order to detect any area of improvement in this aspect.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you soon to Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora.

Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

Went with my friend for a short holiday and everything was perfect, there is enough in the hotel that there's no need to leave, a few bars, shops including Pandora and even a small nightclub. The food was amazing especially the Italian and the teppanyaki, even the buffet was of a high standard. There was a cockroach in our room but after a call to reception it was quickly dealt with. All the staff were friendly and helpful. We stayed in the sensatori side on full board which included meals, soft and house drinks, the teppanyaki was not included in this but received discount and was an extremely reasonable price. I would 100% return and would highly recommend it :)

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jessica C
Álvaro C, Guest Experience Manager at Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2017

Dear guest Jessica C.

Firstly thank you for choosing Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora and for sharing your feedback with the travelers of TripAdvisor.

We are glad to know that you have enjoyed a pleasant stay with us. We place great importance in providing our guests with great experiences so we truly appreciate your compliments on our facilities, as well as on our gastronomic offer.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Guest Expereince Manager

Reviewed September 15, 2017

This is our second stay at this hotel We last visited around five years ago and decided to return as we enjoyed a tranquil stay last time
The overall look of the hotel is excellent It's quite 'blingy' which I like but which my partner finds a bit ' over the top ' ( he's more of a traditionalist - so that's just a subjective thing)
It's very well maintained and clean and beautiful looking to my mind ( smells wonderful too !)
The food in the Pangea buffet restaurant is varied and plentiful and on the whole very well presented We ate in there most of the time as we were very happy with what was on offer We did eat in the Italian restaurant one evening but preferred the Pangea Food in the Italian was just ok nothing special We found the service a little ' abrupt ' and rushed
One downside to the Pangea restaurant was related to the drinks service We had ( through the Sensatori package ) what is referred to as full board plus This means wine / beer / soft drinks / water etc included with lunch and dinner It proved very difficult to access a refill of wine with the meal We are not big drinkers ( my partner does not drink alcohol at all ) It is embarrassing though to have to ask for a refill during the meal It would have been nicer had the wine been topped up voluntarily On at least three occasions I asked for a refill which did not materialise and I had to ask again I gave up on the lsat occasion . Maybe staff have been encouraged to limit the wine flow ???
A similar difficulty arose with trying to get hot tea with breakfast Tepid water in jugs which had been left standing for a while doesn't make a good cup of tea
Last moan - surely the toast problem can be resolved at breakfast Please just do some rather than leave us to the hopeless vagaries of various toast machines !
The staff were working very hard in the Pangea and seemed terribly over stretched especially at breakfast Most of them were helpful and pleasant but seemed overwhelmed at times. More staff needed I think
Our room on the fifth floor was sea facing and was really lovely and luxurious The sunset views were amazing Nothing to complain about at all in relation to the room / level of comfort / facilities and cleaning service - all excellent
We enjoyed the infinity pool and managed to find a couple of beds on the lawn nearby most daysThe sea facing Bali beds were way over priced
There was quite a bit of varied entertainment on offer We didn't avail ourselves of much as we were on holiday for a rest following two hectic weeks in Disney Land with our grandchildren so we're 'entertained out ' already . There was however an excellent saxophonist playing one night who was really worth seeing There is an entertainment 'sheet' available to help you to choose / plan your schedule

We were happy with most aspects of our holiday and would return Some tweaking with the kinds of things mentioned above would have meant we would have awarded five stars rather than four in this review A very good overall rather than excellent I think

Room Tip: High floor Sea view are nicer
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ferguson9418

Dear guest,

I would like to begin by thanking you for the time you have taken to share your experience with us, as well as for your preference in selecting Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora for your holiday.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed a pleasant stay with us, since we strive day by day to keep improving and to provide our guests with unique and memorable experiences.

However, we regret if your experience at our restaurants did not meet your expectations and you may rest assured that we will take into consideration your feedback in order to improve in our proposal to the continuous amelioration of our services.

The entire team is looking forward to having the pleasure to welcome you at Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora.

Reviewed September 15, 2017

Had a wonderful holiday at this hotel it was truly a palace everything was spotless staff was constantly cleaning and they couldn't have been more helpful. Went with my husband my daughter and her husband and grandchildren, they all had a lovely time. The staff at the restaurants were great especially Maria who was so helpful at all times. Before we went I read so many negative reviews I was a bit worried but I needn't have been. Would like to say a big Thankyou to everyone. Our holiday was from 24th August to 3rdSeptember 2017

Room Tip: Rooms were quiet some were a bit away from main area for the less able
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Eileen E

Dear guest Eileen E.

Thank you for choosing Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora for your holiday and for the time taken to let us know about your recent experience through TripAdvisor.

It is always wonderful to read such positive feedback, which serves as a great motivator to our team. It shows them that their passion and efforts to provide exceptional service are appreciated by those who receive it. Also you may rest assured that I will forward your kind compliments about our service of excellence to the rest of the team, who will be glad to know that our aim to service was appreciated.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon for another amazing stay with us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

What's good...
Beautiful swimming pools, grounds & rooms, which are spacious and kept clean . Fantastic facilities for kids run by thomsons, great stay & play and nursery. Market grill does a fab lunch, oasis does a lovely dinner.

What's not so good...
Worse service I've ever experienced in a 5 star hotel!! Every restaurant we went to we had to keep asking for a high chair, even though we had our small toddler with us and clearly needed one...sometimes we had to ask 3 times for one! Little things like not getting milk with your tea in the morning and having to repeatedly ask for it. No smiles, no sense of wanting to look after you from any of the waiters. No complimentary water included in the rooms (a first for any 5 star hotel I've stayed in) and they want 7.50 euros for it! 5 euros for a diet coke by the pool! Not allowed access to using the steam or sauna (a first for any 5 star I've stayed in) because it's run by clarins, so there's a 30 euro charge! Unfriendly and unattentive restaurant staff in the buffet (concierge staff were lovely though)! Buffet food very average.

Nice enough hotel, we still had a great time and certainly looks the part...but the poor customer service and lack of finishing touches let it down...looks the part, but lacks substance.

Stayed in sensatori paphos and whilst it didn't look at grand, the staff and buffet food were far superior.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
4  Thank Ellisa E

Dear guest Ellisa E

We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed a pleasant stay with us since we daily strive to create memorable experiences. However, we truly regret if some aspects of your stay did not fully meet your expectations. We would like to thank you for your important feedback since it helps us to take any necessary measure to keep improving day by day.

We hope to have the possibility to welcome you again.

Kind regards,