We have just returned from a week at this hotel with our 4 year old son and we have had a fantastic time. Having read some of the reviews before we went I was a little worried, but I do think in some cases the reviews have been harsh or maybe some people have been very unluckily!
From the moment we arrived we were welcomed warmly and our expectations were blown away with the interior and look of the hotel, it really is beautiful. Our room was perfect overlooking the fish gardens, very clean and spacious. The only poor element was the quality of the sofa bed, like others have stated it was poor (you could literally feel every spring in it!). Fortunately our 4 year old was so tired at the end of each day he was never bothered.
The restaurants were great and we did manage to book all of them at convenient times. I appreciate the booking service must be difficult in high season, but at the time we visited we had no issues. The buffet was always excellent, great choice and we were always given good service with lots of wine top ups! We did choose the all inclusive option and I'm glad we did as I do believe the drinks are expensive, so definitely worth paying the extra for this as I'm sure we got our money's worth just from soft drinks and coffees alone!
The staff from Sensatori particularly the entertainments team were excellent. The reps were friendly and helpful, the crèche team were lovely and the entertainments team really put 100% into every show they put on. Amy and Kenny were a real favourite with the playhouse live shows for children, our son loved this, they could have just stepped off of cbeebies!!
I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for a family friendly holiday that is luxurious at the same time. It is in an isolated spot so if you want commercial shops or other restaurants outside of the hotel you will be disappointed. Also this is a pool holiday, if you like beaches head to costa adeje as this is where you will find golden sand, it's all black surrounding this hotel so not very appealing if you like a beach holiday.
We had a fantastic week and would definitely return, but would most certainly book all inclusive again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The natural beauty of Tenerife combines with an intense passion for service in the most superior luxury hotel on the island. With the Atlantic Ocean at its feet and the majestic Teide as a backdrop, the stunning scenery and eternal spring climate allows the Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora to provide guests with endless magical moments. The hotel has taken care of everything down to the very finest detail in each of its rooms, creating a personalised setting to ensure your total satisfaction. Imagine the experience of viewing the sun setting over the ocean from one of the magnificent rooms in this fantastic resort, the best 5 star hotel in Tenerife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Hotel Alcala
- Gran Melia Guia De Isora
- Palacio De Isora Gran Melia
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Resort & Spa Guia De Isora, Tenerife