If you are booked to go here, you won't be disappointed. It claims to be the best resort hotel in Spain, and I can well believe it. You will find plenty of good advice in these reviews, as well as some minor quibbles. We have just spent 10 days here, and found it to be excellent - we have traveled extensively and are hard to please!
It is best suited to those who simply want to relax and de-stress in a comfortable environment. There were a surprising number of young couples staying with pre-school children, but none caused any problem and most were quite charming. There is an adult only pool if you feel the need, and if you really want to keep well away from kids, you can upgrade to the "Red Level".
the food is excellent, but the a la carte restaurants need to be pre-booked. This involves a rather tedious process using one of three terminals in the reception area, and you need to book well ahead to avoid disappointment. The main buffet does not need to be booked and had an excellent range of dishes.
We upgraded to a Garden Room - these have a small outside space with a "Balinese Bed". You will see comments elsewhere about these, and in retrospect, I don't think the upgrade is worth it. Most are North facing, are well shaded and get little sun. You are probably better off with a South or West facing balcony.
The WiFi works very well in all the bedrooms and across the site. The only minor niggle is that your device will log off every time in goes to sleep, and you have to log on again via a browser every time you want to use it.
The staff are extremely polite and courteous, and all speak excellent english.
We would certainly consider going again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The natural beauty of Tenerife combines with an intense passion for service in the most superior luxury hotel on the island. With the Atlantic Ocean at its feet and the majestic Teide as a backdrop, the stunning scenery and eternal spring climate allows the Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora to provide guests with endless magical moments. The hotel has taken care of everything down to the very finest detail in each of its rooms, creating a personalised setting to ensure your total satisfaction. Imagine the experience of viewing the sun setting over the ocean from one of the magnificent rooms in this fantastic resort, the best 5 star hotel in Tenerife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Hotel Alcala
- Gran Melia Guia De Isora
- Palacio De Isora Gran Melia
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Resort & Spa Guia De Isora, Tenerife