Avoiding half term week, I took my daughter for a week (Thomson sensatori, Full board plus) to get away from the UK weather and for a complete rest. Great hotel, beautiful room with garden, Bali bed, stream with carp and mini waterfall however woken by screaming children in next door room and furniture being moved around overhead at 7am. After the second night of not sleeping we asked to be moved to another room - the Manager said if we wanted to guarantee peace and quiet we would have to upgrade to their Red level area. We declined as this was going to be an additional 120 euros per day. The Manager had no sympathy and we were told that he only had one room available in another area of the hotel (this was untrue as we could see that half the rooms were unoccupied), however still the sound-proofing of the walls was so poor that we could still hear children crying during the night, waking up in the morning and running around and it really was not peaceful. I love children but as my own are now adults would have preferred a hotel where there were separate standard family/adult only areas. My fault for booking at the last minute and not researching this enough. Perhaps the Red level accommodation is far superior to this and the additional cost well worthwhile.
Apart from this, the holiday was faultless. Fabulous variety of food to choose from in several restaurants, and as there are separate children's areas, it was very peaceful relaxing in the hot sun beside the adult pools. Great coastal walks in the evening and to the market nearby, range of classes available; pilates, aqua fitness etc and excellent evening entertainment similar to that found on a cruise. Fantastic jazz pianist and guitarist.
As others have mentioned, there was a very evident divide between the Thomson Sensatori package tourists/Gran Melia guests however, overall it was a wonderful warm break and good value for money.
I have previously booked with Thomson and was not disappointed at the the smooth transfers and great flight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The natural beauty of Tenerife combines with an intense passion for service in the most superior luxury hotel on the island. With the Atlantic Ocean at its feet and the majestic Teide as a backdrop, the stunning scenery and eternal spring climate allows the Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora to provide guests with endless magical moments. The hotel has taken care of everything down to the very finest detail in each of its rooms, creating a personalised setting to ensure your total satisfaction. Imagine the experience of viewing the sun setting over the ocean from one of the magnificent rooms in this fantastic resort, the best 5 star hotel in Tenerife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Hotel Alcala
- Gran Melia Guia De Isora
- Palacio De Isora Gran Melia
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Resort & Spa Guia De Isora, Tenerife