I have spend a lot of time in Los gigantes and have watched them build this hotel, and decided to spend 3 days here. The hotel and the rooms are exceptional, although you would expect them to be top notch for the price.
We arrived and checked in and was more than happy with our initial impressions, we decided to have lunch at the grill beside the pool, my girlfriend decided to look at the salad bar, not very inspiring, no lettuce, no cucumber and no tomatoes, surely these are key ingredients to a salad bar?! So we opted for a cheeseburger, a tuna toastie , one coke and two very small beers, this was a very average pool side lunch, would even describe it as poor, and at 34 euros it is a disgrace, I don't mind paying for things as long as the quality is there. We spent the afternoon by the glorious pool, probably the finest I have been to in the world. We ordered some drinks from the pool guy and they were brought efficiently to my girlfriends horror the bar server had wrote his own tip on the bill for 3.5 euros!
The evening restaurants look amazing and the menus look exquisite, although the prices were simply ridiculous, knowing Alcala we'll we decided to eat out well and at half the price. We highly recommended sauc which is on the sea front and 5 minutes from the hotel. I would book though as half the hotel seems to have the same idea.
We returned to the hotel for the evenings entertainment in the theatre, very good and would highly recommend watching the shows, there must have been 300 plus people watching the show and one girl serving drinks, WHO IS RUNNING THIS HOTEL????? Couldn't really be managed any worse! Surely you would have 4-5 drinks serving staff, to maximise customer spending, it was impossible to get a overpriced drink..This was also the case on the second night.
I could go on forever about faults about this hotel but I've had my rant now.
This is a real shame as the hotel is magnificent, simply stunning, just let down by bad management...
What I would recommend to the management reading this now, rather than wasting your time replying saying we appreciate all your comments etc, is to get out there and experience your hotel as a guest and see if you think the service and quality comes anywhere near the 5* plus which you claim it is because it is far from it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The natural beauty of Tenerife combines with an intense passion for service in the most superior luxury hotel on the island. With the Atlantic Ocean at its feet and the majestic Teide as a backdrop, the stunning scenery and eternal spring climate allows the Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora to provide guests with endless magical moments. The hotel has taken care of everything down to the very finest detail in each of its rooms, creating a personalised setting to ensure your total satisfaction. Imagine the experience of viewing the sun setting over the ocean from one of the magnificent rooms in this fantastic resort, the best 5 star hotel in Tenerife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Travelocity and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Hotel Alcala
- Gran Melia Guia De Isora
- Palacio De Isora Gran Melia
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Resort & Spa Guia De Isora, Tenerife