We echo the sentiments of another reviewer that the infrastructure is breathtaking (fountains that change colour) in a courtyard setting, leading out to well tended gardens with fish in the lake. Unfortunately this hotel seems not to have heard of older/semi-disabled people who, in a 5* hotel, expect a little assistance. There is a lot of walking involved to collect self service breakfast and dinner, without the added complication/irritation of not being able to locate a table near to the food counters. A system of hanging a notice on the door declining room cleaning service in exchange for 20 euros to spend at the hotel (on the one day of declining the service) did not work on two occasions. The grounds become crowded and although you will eventually find a vacant sun lounger no assistance is available to position them. An inadequate number of sunshades are soon snapped up by those who are quick enough to "bag" one. There are no sunshades on room balconies which do, at certain times of day, become very hot as the sun moves round. Although the food selection seemed varied, it was not hot enough in the self service containers so lukewarm when back at one's table. Best to stick with salads which does become boring after a few days. The puddings/ desserts although attractively displayed consisted of rich creamy things. An ice cream carousel with about 10 different flavours was the same every day, and no coffee flavour, the favourite of many. The staff appeared to be unevenly distributed with sometimes half a dozen at the main entrance, only necessary when several clients arrive together. Not enough room cleaners nor poolside attendants. These failings detract from the enjoyment of the overall ambience, with room for improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The natural beauty of Tenerife combines with an intense passion for service in the most superior luxury hotel on the island. With the Atlantic Ocean at its feet and the majestic Teide as a backdrop, the stunning scenery and eternal spring climate allows the Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora to provide guests with endless magical moments. The hotel has taken care of everything down to the very finest detail in each of its rooms, creating a personalised setting to ensure your total satisfaction. Imagine the experience of viewing the sun setting over the ocean from one of the magnificent rooms in this fantastic resort, the best 5 star hotel in Tenerife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Hotel Alcala
- Gran Melia Guia De Isora
- Palacio De Isora Gran Melia
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Resort & Spa Guia De Isora, Tenerife