This Hotel is a puzzle, it should be amazing but the service and food quality really let it down, there is a problem also that they seem to have a pecking order with guests 3 classes, we booked direct and went for one of the 'Grand Suites' which actually turned out to be interconnecting rooms, I complained only to be told 'no one had complained before, but there is a first time for everything' lol, customer services was actually quite comical our little lad lost his Lego and shoes they simply weren't interested and one of the girls looked at me like I had just landed on the planet from mars when I asked if they had a lost property department or whatever. The ladies in red hit on you when you arrive, be aware that they want to pitch you the club melia time share 'possibilities' near to the end of the holiday I was asked by one of them what I thought of the hotel, I rattled of ten reasons why I was unhappy, she then still tried to pitch me lol!
The wine and food were more miss than hit, I can't understand how they can get this so wrong, the holiday cost me a fortune yet I wanted to eat out of the hotel most of the time!
Gran Melia you need to take stock of the negative comments, this hotel could become one of the leading hotels in the world but you need to improve good service, food and wine is not a hard thing to fix!
I need a holiday to recover from this one lol!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The natural beauty of Tenerife combines with an intense passion for service in the most superior luxury hotel on the island. With the Atlantic Ocean at its feet and the majestic Teide as a backdrop, the stunning scenery and eternal spring climate allows the Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora to provide guests with endless magical moments. The hotel has taken care of everything down to the very finest detail in each of its rooms, creating a personalised setting to ensure your total satisfaction. Imagine the experience of viewing the sun setting over the ocean from one of the magnificent rooms in this fantastic resort, the best 5 star hotel in Tenerife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Hotel Alcala
- Gran Melia Guia De Isora
- Palacio De Isora Gran Melia
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Resort & Spa Guia De Isora, Tenerife