We spent a week cruising followed by a week in this hotel came home on the 30/3/2013. We booked the holiday with Thomson Sensatori who apparently have an agreement with Gran Melia to use 50% of the rooms. I would like to say we had the lowest grade room and it was absolutely fantastic. The room consisted of large bathroom with the biggest bath you have ever seen, Toilet with phone at hand, Be-day, Fantastic shower, Him and Her wash basins, the biggest bath towels. In the hall were two large wardrobes and a set of draws. The bed room have an enormous bed piled high with pillow and cushions, a large side board with more draws and storage and a settee. The balcony was lovely with a two seater settee, but unfortunately we were facing north so we never got any sun on it, I do believe that is why it was classed as a low grade. The facilities for eating are fantastic, for breakfast the is everything you could wish for and a choice of where you eat it outside in the sunshine, inside in the cool or outside in the shade by the large pool full of enormous Koi carp. There is a good choice of other Restaurants you can book for your evening meal. It has the biggest infinity pool in Europe surrounded by sun loungers, or you can use the heated outdoor pool which is for adults only. Thee are many places to sit and relax usually on white leather loungers, or these pod type things that swing you to sleep. The whole of the hotel is spotless due to the large number of staff always busy cleaning. The entertainment good and varied. I highly recommend this hotel I cannot praise it enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The natural beauty of Tenerife combines with an intense passion for service in the most superior luxury hotel on the island. With the Atlantic Ocean at its feet and the majestic Teide as a backdrop, the stunning scenery and eternal spring climate allows the Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora to provide guests with endless magical moments. The hotel has taken care of everything down to the very finest detail in each of its rooms, creating a personalised setting to ensure your total satisfaction. Imagine the experience of viewing the sun setting over the ocean from one of the magnificent rooms in this fantastic resort, the best 5 star hotel in Tenerife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotel.de, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Hotel Alcala
- Gran Melia Guia De Isora
- Palacio De Isora Gran Melia
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Resort & Spa Guia De Isora, Tenerife