The Gran Melia Palacio de Isora is a beautifully landscaped, undeniably luxury star hotel with a lot to recommend it. The rooms are spacious and modern with tasteful decor; although occasionally succumbing to a failing of "style over substance" (e.g. attractive granite-surround double sink, but nowhere to put the soap and an array of sophisticated, atmospheric lighting effects in the room that it took the whole week to master!).
The staff were attentive and the food was really very good. Even the buffet was high quality and the Italian restaurant was particularly nice. However, we didn't eat in the other two speciality restaurants because they were quite expensive.
The reception and common areas were lovely and there was a superb perfume wafting throughout the interior of the hotel which is apparently their "trademark fragrance".
We spent most of our time in the adult only areas because there were quite a lot of families and the main pool areas became quite crowded. We had an issue on a couple of nights due to the noise from crying children in the next door room. Clearly there is insufficient soundproofing and we had real trouble sleeping. Unfortunately, when we raised the problem with the reception staff we were told that they could not be expected to move other guests for us (eve though we had not requested any such thing)! I escalated the matter to the reception manager who completely failed to deal with anything either, despite my saying that I was dissatisfied with their handling of the complaint, as much as with the original issue itself. Luckily for us, the family left anyway after two nights.
Regrettably, this is not the first time that the Melia Group have failed to deal with issues that have arisen in resort. They seem to do so much so well, and then fall down on problem resolution (and let's face it, issues will arise in even the best places from time to time - it is how you address them that sets you apart). It is for this reason most of all that I would not give this hotel a full five stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The natural beauty of Tenerife combines with an intense passion for service in the most superior luxury hotel on the island. With the Atlantic Ocean at its feet and the majestic Teide as a backdrop, the stunning scenery and eternal spring climate allows the Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora to provide guests with endless magical moments. The hotel has taken care of everything down to the very finest detail in each of its rooms, creating a personalised setting to ensure your total satisfaction. Imagine the experience of viewing the sun setting over the ocean from one of the magnificent rooms in this fantastic resort, the best 5 star hotel in Tenerife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Hotel Alcala
- Gran Melia Guia De Isora
- Palacio De Isora Gran Melia
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Resort & Spa Guia De Isora, Tenerife