Just returned from a week in this resort. Holiday booked with Thomsons where they sell it as the Sensitori Tenerife.
First of I must say that this is a terrific hotel and we had a great holiday, but beware.
We booked through Thomsons and had only one choice of room available. ( we normally always book a sea view room.) The room on offer was described as a garden room with private garden and Bali Bed. This sounded great, although no sea view. Unfortunately the reality was some what different. Although the room was as described, what was not said was that the room was as faraway from the center as possible and faced North. ie no sun at any time. The garden was like a jungle and blocked out most of the natural light to the room. The Bali Bed was a waste of time as it got no sun and again was surrounded by jungle. Not a place you would want to spend a holiday. Ideal if you want to grow mushrooms or force rhubarb. I immediately went to reception and asked for an alternative. The only room they had available was a ocean view room for which they charged an extra 50 euros per night for . Far more than if we could have booked it in the first place. I had no option than to stump up another 350 euros.
A word of warning. If intend to book this hotel, and other than what I have said I would highly recommend it, do not consider a garden room. Most if not all have a similar problem. The Hotel faces West so the sun rises to the left as you look at the hotel and therefore any room that faces to the right gets no sun and of course the garden rooms are on thr ground floor surrounded by vegetation.
Having said all that on the positive side this is really a great hotel. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. Tea and coffee making facilities are included and replenished on a daily bases. A large bathroom with separate Bath, shower and WC.
A choice of 5 restaurants from the basic self-service to fine dinning. The food in them all was of a high standard.
The service from the staff was first class, nothing was too much trouble for them and always with a smile.
A previous reviewer commented that included wine package, that it was difficult to get a refill. Our experience was almost the opposite. At times you had to say no thank you, and we enjoy our wine.
The pool areas were superb with a choice to suit everyone.
With the exception of our first room experience if you head this warning I can highly recommend this Hotel and we will certainly be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The natural beauty of Tenerife combines with an intense passion for service in the most superior luxury hotel on the island. With the Atlantic Ocean at its feet and the majestic Teide as a backdrop, the stunning scenery and eternal spring climate allows the Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora to provide guests with endless magical moments. The hotel has taken care of everything down to the very finest detail in each of its rooms, creating a personalised setting to ensure your total satisfaction. Imagine the experience of viewing the sun setting over the ocean from one of the magnificent rooms in this fantastic resort, the best 5 star hotel in Tenerife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Hotel Alcala
- Gran Melia Guia De Isora
- Palacio De Isora Gran Melia
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Resort & Spa Guia De Isora, Tenerife