The title says it all - this is a top quality hotel; everything about this hotel is five star, including the price. We had a family suite on the second floor overlooking the family pool and it was top quality. The hotel is immaculate in every way and is truly stunning.
We upgraded our package to include the silver drinks package at a cost of 30€ per person, per day (our daughter was free), and we were given silver bands to wear. This included certain drinks (including wine, cava, beer, some cocktails, soft drinks, tea, coffee and some others) and meant that we didn't have to pay for any drinks during our stay. My only complaint with this is that we felt that our glasses weren't topped up in the restaurant enough and we were constantly having to ask for refills and even at that some of our requests were ignored. We would expect better service that this from a hotel of this calibre and that is why I have taken a star away.
Having a five year old it was easier for us to eat every night in the buffet and I have to say that the food was excellent. There was a great selection at every meal. We ate lunch a few times at the Market Grill which was table service and again the food was excellent, although at times we found the service slow and again we had to ask for our glasses to be refilled.
We booked direct with the hotel rather than going through Sensatori as this allowed us to book the flights we wanted rather than having to take the Thomson flights, whose only flight times to and from Glasgow were too late at night for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The natural beauty of Tenerife combines with an intense passion for service in the most superior luxury hotel on the island. With the Atlantic Ocean at its feet and the majestic Teide as a backdrop, the stunning scenery and eternal spring climate allows the Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora to provide guests with endless magical moments. The hotel has taken care of everything down to the very finest detail in each of its rooms, creating a personalised setting to ensure your total satisfaction. Imagine the experience of viewing the sun setting over the ocean from one of the magnificent rooms in this fantastic resort, the best 5 star hotel in Tenerife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Hotel Alcala
- Gran Melia Guia De Isora
- Palacio De Isora Gran Melia
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Resort & Spa Guia De Isora, Tenerife