Just returned form a week in September, booked through Thomson Sensatori on full board basis.
Hotel reception and interior quite spectacular with water features that are fountains at night. Travelled with a 2 year old so didnt experience all the facilities the hotel had to offer like the spa or the evening entertainment and some of the restaurants which on certain nights were adults only (understandable) Room facilities were of a high standard and cleaned every day, had a good incentive to offer money off vouchers of 20 euros per night to spend in resort if you didnt have the room cleaned every day. Didnt have a stocked mini bar but you could order this and pay for it, usually used to there being a stocked mini bar in a 5 star hotel.
The large pool is extremely salty so spent most of our time around the family pool which was very deep, there is also a pirate pool for children which is much quieter and much shallower. Could hire Bali beds for your time in the resort at a cost of 50 euros per day but if you buy 2 days the 3rd is free and within that price you get a choice of drinks, fruit, water etc but there was never any shortage of sun beds. the only downside to the Bali beds is that they have painted wooden frames and the resin/paint got so hot it stated to melt and got on some of our clothes which wouldnt come out.
The service in the Pangea restaurant is very good and we never had to wait for drinks, some of the food was a bit repetitive and similar but there was a lot of choice and different options so you could always find something you liked, even for a 2 year old.
they have dedicated Sensatori reps at this hotel, but didnt really see the point as any quereies they had to refer to the main reception in the hotel.
Also used the gym whilst there and dont know if the air conditioning was broken or just not installed but it was unbearable
Overall the holiday was very enjoyable and would definately return, possibly not with a 2 year old so we could sample the full extent the hotel had to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The natural beauty of Tenerife combines with an intense passion for service in the most superior luxury hotel on the island. With the Atlantic Ocean at its feet and the majestic Teide as a backdrop, the stunning scenery and eternal spring climate allows the Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora to provide guests with endless magical moments. The hotel has taken care of everything down to the very finest detail in each of its rooms, creating a personalised setting to ensure your total satisfaction. Imagine the experience of viewing the sun setting over the ocean from one of the magnificent rooms in this fantastic resort, the best 5 star hotel in Tenerife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Hotel Alcala
- Gran Melia Guia De Isora
- Palacio De Isora Gran Melia
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Resort & Spa Guia De Isora, Tenerife