We stayed in this hotel in October 2010 so this review is a little late but I would still like to mention what a lovely time we had. Since we stayed I believe this is now a Sensatori hotel for Thomson so not sure if this has changed much.
The hotel is amazing on arrival we were 'wowed' by its appearance and the huge reception area. The decor is all modern and open and very clean. The rooms are a bit of a maze to find but throughout our week only got lost once. The rooms are very big and spacious and have lovely romantic lighting. The rooms were always kept clean.
There are 3 pools of which we used the one by our room which was frequently empty. The big saltwater infinity pool is where most people used to go. It was peaceful. I'm not sure how busy the hotel was throughout our stay but it never felt overcrowded or needed to rush for a sunbed.
The food was lovely, buffet style but good variety. There are other restaurants you could visit for a fee. The Italian was lovely. The breakfast was also always of good quality. And the staff were really attentive.
Its a beautiful hotel with lots of open space and kept very well.
The location is limited with being right in a very spanish village with very little around but buses are easy to get to Los Gigantes or to Playa las Americas.
Overall we thoroughly enjoyed this holiday and loved the hotel. Would definately recommend this to anyone visiting Tenerife.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The natural beauty of Tenerife combines with an intense passion for service in the most superior luxury hotel on the island. With the Atlantic Ocean at its feet and the majestic Teide as a backdrop, the stunning scenery and eternal spring climate allows the Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora to provide guests with endless magical moments. The hotel has taken care of everything down to the very finest detail in each of its rooms, creating a personalised setting to ensure your total satisfaction. Imagine the experience of viewing the sun setting over the ocean from one of the magnificent rooms in this fantastic resort, the best 5 star hotel in Tenerife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Jetsetter, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Hotel Alcala
- Gran Melia Guia De Isora
- Palacio De Isora Gran Melia
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Resort & Spa Guia De Isora, Tenerife