Have just spent two weeks at this superb hotel with the "All In" Package, but not extra drinks which are ridiculously expensive. As wine, beer and soft drinks are included with meals, we only had a couple of cocktails extra at London prices. The hotel is close to an undeveloped typical Spanish village, where a coffee in the Square is 1Euro, compared with 3.5Euros at the hotel, as an extra ! I questioned why coffee was extra, with the Manager and he informed me it was because of a contract made at the opening of the hotel in 2008. The village has a Market Day on Monday morning, which is worth a visit. The hotel charges 19.50Euros each to visit the Market in Los Christianos, but we went by public bus for 6.90Euros each. We then had the chance to walk to Costa Adeje along the Boardwalk, which is very attractive. We also went in the other direction to Los Gigantes one afternoon, by bus for 6.10Euros return each.
The hotel is extremely elegant in all departments. A choice of four restaurants for the "All In" plus three more if you wish try others at a cost. They are very expensive and I do not see why they are required, because the food selection is magnificent in the included. Where else can you start your day with as many Bucks Fizz as you like ! The quality of the food includes smoked salmon, crayfish, steaks, duck, monkfish, lamb, asparagus and what ever vegetables you may require. The bedrooms are huge with spacious bathrooms. The sanitary ware is classy - shame about the Spanish plumbing ! Possibly the most impressive things are the hotel architecture, with great attention to detail and sculptures every where. The gardens are an absolute delight, with ponds full of large, colourful koi carp and lush green grass. With
five swimming pools - one for adults only - there is space for all. I have marked the total value as excellent, for this reason. While initially the cost may seem expensive, if all the food and wine is taken into consideration, then I believe the value IS excellent.
I have written enough - just go there and enjoy !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The natural beauty of Tenerife combines with an intense passion for service in the most superior luxury hotel on the island. With the Atlantic Ocean at its feet and the majestic Teide as a backdrop, the stunning scenery and eternal spring climate allows the Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora to provide guests with endless magical moments. The hotel has taken care of everything down to the very finest detail in each of its rooms, creating a personalised setting to ensure your total satisfaction. Imagine the experience of viewing the sun setting over the ocean from one of the magnificent rooms in this fantastic resort, the best 5 star hotel in Tenerife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Travelocity so you can book your Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Hotel Alcala
- Gran Melia Guia De Isora
- Palacio De Isora Gran Melia
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Resort & Spa Guia De Isora, Tenerife