Casa Dona Emilia
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
Average 3/5
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsbed and breakfastswimming poola unesco world heritage sitemunicipal hallpaoay churchfamily roomcasatownsmilehospitalitylongganisapillowsoptionsfriendsilocos
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I've always stayed at Casa Dona Emilia when I go to Ilocos Norte and enjoyed my stay every time. The place is so comfortable with cleanliness, ambiance and service at the top of my list. The super efficient airconditioning system, orthopedic beds, linen and duvet covers make you feel like staying in your room the whole day. The bathrooms are spic and span and the taking a shower is a joy with very strong water pressure. The almost 5 feet deep pool is relaxing but kids under 12 should be definitely accompanied by adults. The staff is very friendly and efficient and will go out of their way to please you. The place is unassuming from the outside but once you step into the lobby it sets you back and all of a sudden you're at home. I highly recommend the place. Value for money, its the best place to stay in Ilocos Norte !

Room Tip: Try the Igado, and Pinakbet with Baget !
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Karen L
Bobby D, Owner at Casa Dona Emilia, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2016

Thank you for the kind and generous comments. We value your opinion highly and seriously, and take pride in delivering service to our guests. We do hope you come visit us again soon!

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Last april 2012, My me and my family went for an ilocos trip. Our last hotel in which we had stayed was Casa Dona Emilia in Paoay. We were the only guest in the hotel, but there was a pool party on that day. My niece and nephews where looking forward in using the pool for the heat was too much in that day. They have informed us that we can use the pool after the party and that would be around 5pm so we patiently waited and it was already past 5pm they were still there. The kids can not wait any longer so we just let them swim in the pool. It was just dissappointing because it was like we were not being cared for, our stay there includes the use of the amenities.
The place is homey, it has a touch of vintage like you were in a small hacienda in the mid 60's. If there were less people in the premises it would be perfect to lounge near the pool in a hot day. The rooms is well equip of the basic neccessities of a hotel. The location had a little problems regarding restaurants for the place has only one restaurant and it closes at 8pm, the biggest problem we encountered in the location is finding a place to eat. The hotel is also near the famous Paoay Church and I would honestly tell you the church is gorgeous, the classic look was preserve majestically. I would recommend the place to my friends but warn them regarding with the setbacks we encountered.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank geekpacker

2012 goes 4 years back but nonetheless this small message of appreciation to your valued comments. We do hope you can come and stay with us in your next visit!

Reviewed January 29, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights and the location is perfect. Its just infront of the municipal building and 3 minutes walk to the church which is a world heritage site. Its cozy ambiance and the service is impecable for a bed and breakfast inn. The rooms are basic with ref, aircon clean and comfortable. Value for money, I would stay here rather than the other big hotels in the area. You can't ask for more.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the second floor.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank gorichville
Reviewed January 4, 2011

I don't really know what to say about this place...except it is everything you could dream of. It deserves an article in Conde Nast or somthing similar! They have thought of everything and the detail is evident throughout. The rooms are cosy but well designed. The outdoor area is heavenly, with a swimming pool and lots of private seating where you can read a book or chat to friends. The staff are well trained and helpful. It was a ten out of ten for me and I would definately go back! Paoay is a beautiful and understated town as well. Both the town and Casa Del Emelia are rare gems!

• Stayed: December 2010
8  Thank FelixNZ
Reviewed May 13, 2010

An attractive place bang in the centre of Paoay, directly across the town hall and a few minutes walk to the Paoay Church. Rooms are clean (with reasonable costs), friendly staff, good food - you may also choose to laze around the pool if you wish. Overall stay was extremely comfortable, would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Ilocos Norte.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple