“Terrible”

The Naked Bun
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Terrible service. The lady who served us for takeaway coffee and food was rude. My husband asked for a flat white and if it came with two shots, he was promptly told "how else would it come". Why be in the service industry if you have no time to smile and thank your customers. The coffee was awful far too hot to the point of a burnt tongue and the date scone was like a large dried up blob of dough. Pie was meant to be mince but was lacking in mince!!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

As an ex local I was excited to visit one of my old favourites while I was back home. Gosh what a change. I went there once to get a takeaway pie and my favourite vanilla custard square. Let's say the custard square was the only thing eaten. The pie was advertised as a steak pie, not steak and vegetable. It had massive chunks of potato and a handful of cheap cuts of steak. No where near worth the $6 I paid. A couple of days later my boyfriend took me there for brunch. He got thee glial breakfast which consisted of microwaved sausages and overlooked eggs, my pancakes were I'm almost 100% certain quality baker pikelets which weren't even heated through covered in berries. $17? I think not.
I will not be returning again. It used to be a place I proudly recommended, now I'll be telling everyone to avoid it.

1  Thank Rachel D
Reviewed January 20, 2014

It took the staff quite some time to get our friends food out who ordered at the same time as us but it then took another half an hour for our food to come out and when it did it was very average as food goes. My seafood chowder was revolting from the first mouthful. The vegetables were not cooked. They were all crunchy. As soon as I started eating it I remembered ordering one here last Easter on my last visit and it was just the same so it was not a one off. Its a shame as we visit here mostly annually and the café has really deteriorated in terms of food and service.

1  Thank Penny H
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Worst service I have ever had! I have been to the cafe a few times and have had minor issues every time. The woman behind the counter was rude, food was cold and over priced. Such a shame, this is a nice venue how ever I think the staff need to pull their heads in. Would NOT recommend!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

stopped in today to buy a steak pie and a chocolate chip cookie. $10 later i find my steak pie is more or less vegetable stew wrapped in pastry.. 4 pieces of gross sloppy meat, (i counted them) And huge square chunks of potato.. this is not a steak pie, Tasted awful,ended up throwing it away.. at $6 a pie, this is a rip off. Cookie was also dry and full of fake chocolate chips.. i will never return to this bakery. Steer clear if u know what a decent pie is.

1  Thank Carl G