“simply perfect”

JavaCove Beach Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cijulang
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Wonderful staff, they seemed to always anticipate what was needed, nothing was too much trouble, they made being there so easy whether hiring a motorbike, getting a massage or ordering one of their healthy super delicious cocktails and they always seemed happy. The attention to detail is wonderful, not over the top but well thought out and beautiful. Great music selection in the bar and pool area, the simple menu was perfect and the setting hard to beat - well I could go on and on but you'll have to see for yourself!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 28, 2014

We had an amazing two week stay at JavaCove Beach Hotel and the service was fantastic each day we there. Everything is spotless and well kept.
We loved the fire that was made by the pool some evenings. Our room was spacious with a great view of the waves and the air-conditioning was well appreciated.
The owner and staff were just the best! We organized a motorbike with their help a few times; cheap to rent and a fun way of traveling to the surrounding villages.
I loved the comfy pool area while my husband was out surfing most days. The breakfast that was included was delicious and there are a few options to choose from.
We're glad we got to see the stunning Green Canyon that is close by. The food at the local restaurants was also very tasty! Thank you so much for a great stay!
We got exactly what we saw on the pictures.

Wynand and Stephanie from South Africa

Room Tip: Room with air-conditioning is great!!
1  Thank Stephanie V
Reviewed March 10, 2014

It was amazing to stay in this hotel. The service was very good. I enjoyed stay at JavaCove. Love the foods and the people. Javaclub sandwich was the best sandwich i ever had. Keep up the good work. I will come back, definitely!!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I am writing this review as I sit in my favourite nook by the pool at Java Cove and watch as the dragonflies dance in the sky above with the swallows (Indonesian bird name I can't recall but have on good authority they were not bats - phew)

It's hard not to fall into
the chill of this place
quickly. The tropical gardens are immaculately designed and kept so you have a green canopy of peace everywhere.

When you are next to or in the infinity pool you have this spectacular view over the beach. You can sit and watch the comings and goings of the village all day. A lot more fun on the weekend when the domestic tourists come to the beach for the day and giggle and squeal while riding and falling off the banana boat.

If you get sick of the pool (which I never do) you just wander across the street for a swim in the ocean. The water is inviting and a safe place to swim.

The rooms are beautiful, simple and very clean. Java Cove are very committed to providing an environmentally responsible hotel and they achieve this in their rooms, fittings and fixtures. Less is more.

The breakfast is delicious and a great start to the day or after your morning swim. The tomato mixture served with the eggs is heaven in a bowl.

I could point out every little perfection with this hotel
from the food, service, amenities, cleanliness and the views but that's just it. Everything is perfect.

Setting this hotel apart from every hotel around the world is the people who work here. They are the sweetest souls and always have a big wide smile for you whenever you see them. We have come to know the family of Java cove well and they are all truly professional and kind.

Paul (owner) is such a great guy and we enjoyed our nightly chats with him over a beer or two, three.....

I have only one complaint about Java cove and that is that our
time there is never long enough.

Thanks for another memorable stay!

Ms Trudy and Mr Andy

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Trudethedude
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Great location! In front of Batu Karas Beach.
I totally enjoyed my stay at JavaCove.
All your hotel staff are so friendly and helpful! They are all very nice and friendly for us to approach.
I love the foods, especially Javaclub Sandwich.
It was nice to talk with Mr. Paul.
Lastly, Keep up the smiles! Thank you for the JavaCove Mug!
I will be back soon! Miss this place already! :)

1  Thank lpramuwardhani
Reviewed February 12, 2014

For many of those who've visited, staying at Java Cove is a chance to spend a while living a dream existence. Dawn surfs (check the waves by peeping over the wall right outside your room) followed by healthy breakfasts; dusk surfs followed by tapas, pizza and myriad other treats. The staff are unbelievably friendly, helpful and great to be around, and the grounds are spotless and covered in flowers and surfboards, the pool has one of the best beach views in Java. Also don't miss Green Valley (as opposed to Green Canyon) where you can swim in rock pools that waterfalls pour into, and jump off a banyan tree into the river! Java Cove (and Batu Karas) is a real sanctuary from urban Java.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife came here for the Chinese New Year weekend. After the short 1 hour flight from Jakarta we were welcomed by a very friendly staff always willing to help us. The beach just in front had great waves to surf and my wife was happy on the hotel's pool at the 2nd floor watching me surf. The room is excellent, confortable bed, great bathroom, great shower. The food is amazing and the owner, apart from a very nice guy, set up a late afternoon fire by the pool where you could relax at the sound of his excellent music selection and have a drink. We met great people as well. If there were 6 stars I'd give it to this amazing place. Will for sure be back soon!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cijulang
Uni Beach Hotel
Horison Palma Pangandaran
#1 of 16 in Pangandaran
Sunrise Resort Batu Karas Hotel
The Ermaja's Pavilion Boutique Hotel & Villas

Been to JavaCove Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!