Wow! What a wonderful hotel. The building and surrounding area is beautiful, staff were very friendly, welcoming and helpful. Hotel and room spotlessly clean. Bathroom had a massive deep bath, big shower and a lovely view of the old chapel (Room 1) The bed was huge and very comfy ( maybe softer pillows would have made it a little comfier but still slept very well) a massive flat screen t.v brought the room bang up to date. A fridge is supplied in the room with fresh milk (nice touch) and 2 very comfy chairs and a small table in the window meant you could sit and look at the lovely view in comfort.
Pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna all very clean and contemporary, everything in the spa looked brand new and again spotlessly clean.
Breakfast was fine, my husband had room service due to him having to leave for work early. It was delivered at the correct time and was hot with plenty of toast, coffee and all looked fresh and good quality ingredients.
I went to breakfast later on and had no problems at all, loved the little jug of orange juice that was brought to my table, breakfast room was a bit dark but not really a problem, it's an old house so quirkiness is to be expected and a buffet breakfast in an old chapel is pretty cool!
Bags were brought down from my room and taken out to the car by Damon who I thought was great! He chatted the whole time about the history of the house, the ghosts and what the surrounding area could offer I wish my staff were this good!
Overall I loved the hotel, it's not often you stay somewhere these days that has a bit of a wow factor but this place did. If you fancy eating out about 3 miles away there is a lovely gastro pub called The Howard Arms in a place called Ilmington we had a really enjoyable meal there. We Will definitely be staying at Ettington park again, hopefully in Nov when the log fires will be lit and the grounds will be covered by a sprinkling of frost magical!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ettington Park Hotel, the only AA 4 Red Star hotel in Stratford-Upon-Avon, is set in 40 acres of parkland in a verdant valley with the River Stour meandering through it. Situated just six miles from the centre of the famed home of Shakespeare and just a few miles from the start of The Cotswold Way, this spectacular property is a world apart from the hustle and bustle of contemporary life. Built from six types of Cotswold stone, Ettington Park is furnished with fine paintings and decorated with friezes that trace its centuries of tradition and heritage. This is a country house where historic extravagance meets contemporary comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ettington Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Ettington Park
- Ettington Park Stratford Upon Avon
- Ettington Hotel Park
- Ettington Park Hotel Alderminster, England, UK