I stayed here for one night mid-week whilst on business nearby, booking a classic room.
The room was a reasonable size, with a good amount of storage space (wardrobe and drawers) and a decent-sized bed that was comfortable and aided a good night's sleep. There was a large LCD TV (I'm guessing 32") although the selection of channels wasn't that wide.
The bathroom was a good size, well-lit and with a shaving mirror. The shower was over the bath (which being very tall usually makes it difficult to be able to actually get under it) but it was set a good height above the floor of the bath so no stooping down was required. The water pressure & temperature were both fine.
The room was relatively modern although I would have expected a slightly higher specification, e.g. an iPod/USB docking station to be able to charge devices & stream music. Having said that, this was a 'standard' grade room and the higher priced Executive rooms may be more aligned with business guests. I booked at short notice and had to take what was available.
As I had arrived mid-evening after a long day's work, I didn't feel like a big meal in the restaurant and so ordered a sandwich from room service. It was very tasty but I felt a little expensive for what it was.
I did intend to use the hotel's swimming pool in the morning but was somewhat put off by being given a health & safety form to complete when I checked-in. Many of the hotels that I stay in have a pool (it's always a nice luxury to be able to go for a swim first thing in the morning) but I've never been asked to complete a questionnaire before being to use it.
The room was £135 including breakfast, which represents very good value given that the Hilton/Holiday Inn can be around the same cost per night and don't have any of the character of Ettington Park.
Overall a pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ettington Park Hotel, the only AA 4 Red Star hotel in Stratford-Upon-Avon, is set in 40 acres of parkland in a verdant valley with the River Stour meandering through it. Situated just six miles from the centre of the famed home of Shakespeare and just a few miles from the start of The Cotswold Way, this spectacular property is a world apart from the hustle and bustle of contemporary life. Built from six types of Cotswold stone, Ettington Park is furnished with fine paintings and decorated with friezes that trace its centuries of tradition and heritage. This is a country house where historic extravagance meets contemporary comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ettington Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Ettington Park
- Ettington Park Stratford Upon Avon
- Ettington Hotel Park
- Ettington Park Hotel Alderminster, England, UK