Oh how we loved this hotel - we didn't want to leave!
While travelling down to Cornwall for a weeks holiday, we decided to break the 7 hour journey up with a stay here. On arrival we were warmly greeted by an incredibly nice receptionist...possibly the best welcome we've ever had a hotel! As a parent, I very much appreciate staff taking the time to talk to my children and making them feel wanted :-)
Our family room was great, with everything we needed with two bedrooms. We were only staying one night, and wandered out for a walk before dinner....the same receptionist jumped up as we walked through the entrance hall offering to tell our children the story of their special frog and show them his plaque outside. They were very impressed! The grounds are stunning, we played croquet on the lawns, walked along the river and enjoyed the fabulous setting in the evening summer sun...we were in heaven!
Breakfast the next morning was a real pleasure, served by the very attentive Vijay. He was again so warm and welcoming, he couldn't do enough for us, and we were made to feel very special - and I can't remember the last time we felt like that in a hotel. the breakfast was fabulous, and we were very sorry we only stayed one night.
We live in a very old listed building, and the architecture of this place was very interesting to us...other less favourable reviews on here simply don't appreciate a place like this. It's incredibly hard to maintain them, but they are charming and a real asset to the country - they are our heritage and need to be loved and understood. They aren't purpose built hotels, and you must remember that!
Our opinion? If you don't love this place and their fantastic staff - it's not them that's at fault....it's you ;-) Can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ettington Park Hotel, the only AA 4 Red Star hotel in Stratford-Upon-Avon, is set in 40 acres of parkland in a verdant valley with the River Stour meandering through it. Situated just six miles from the centre of the famed home of Shakespeare and just a few miles from the start of The Cotswold Way, this spectacular property is a world apart from the hustle and bustle of contemporary life. Built from six types of Cotswold stone, Ettington Park is furnished with fine paintings and decorated with friezes that trace its centuries of tradition and heritage. This is a country house where historic extravagance meets contemporary comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Ettington Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Ettington Park
- Ettington Park Stratford Upon Avon
- Ettington Hotel Park
- Ettington Park Hotel Alderminster, England, UK