“What a treat!”

Ettington Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Alderminster
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is an amazing property, built in the Gothic style, with a fascinating history. I remembered it from many years ago when I owned my first car. It was a place that you could go for a drink and really impress your girlfriend! I remembered the "secret" door in the library when a whole section of books opened up into the bar - it was still there!
When I saw it advertised recently I couldn't resist taking my wife as a treat for our silver wedding anniversary since we were going in that direction to visit relatives. We were certainly NOT let down. The place has undergone major refurbishment and is an absolute heavenly place to stay (in spite of its reputation for being haunted!). We were given a genuinely warm welcome even though most staff were involved in a wedding which was taking place. We were given a spacious "garden room" which was delightful - boasting a lovely comfortable king sized double bed and an enormous bathroom. The view across the vast surrounding estate was fabulous. We had a gorgeous cream tea in a lounge with a spectacular ceiling. Ever member of staff we met was friendly and attentive. Dinner was great and deserved its "gourmet" rating. My wife was delighted when her dessert was served on a slate plate decorated with the message " Happy Anniversary" - a lovely gesture.
If you really want to be spoiled for a night or two, I thoroughly recommend this hotel in the historic centre of England close to the Cotswolds, Stratford and Warwick.

Room Tip: If there are celebrations - such as a wedding, a garden room might be quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
GrainneHayden, Grainne Hayden at Ettington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review of Ettington Park Hotel,we are so glad we met your expectations and the hotel hasn't changed since your first visit!.We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.Kind Regards,Grainne Hayden

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Wish I'd stayed longer and will definitely be returning. If you want a quiet and relaxing place to stay then this little gem is it. Staff are very welcoming and helpful the hotel and surroundings are beautiful and enchanting. The food was delicious and plentiful. Excellent value for money. Well done all at the Efftington Park Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
GrainneHayden, Operations Manager at Ettington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay here at Ettington Park Hotel.We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay with us. Kind regards
Grainne Hayden

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

They say you get what you pay for and at this hotel you won't be disappointed. Aside from the stunning building, I have never metsuch ccharming, friendly and welcoming staff. From the moment we arrived until we sadly left they made us feel so special. I cannot fault it. Worth every penny, I'll definitely stay at a hand picked hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for for your kind review and the comments you have made we are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay with us. Kind regards Grainne Hayden

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed here for two nights at Easter, due to my son getting married there. The whole experience was wonderful, the staff went out of their way to be helpful, and truly made the day special for us all.
When my mother and I were looking for a place to stay for a few days this summer, she said she would like to return to Ettington Park and so we booked it. I must say I was a little apprehensive, thinking perhaps we were looking at the place through rose tinted glasses due to the previous occasion.
I am happy to say my fears were unfounded. The staff were just as friendly and helpful as we remembered, and it was great to see the place in wonderful sunny weather. The grounds are a delight to wander round, the terrace a great place for a gin and tonic, and the afternoon teas served in the lounge were fabulous (the best scones I have ever tasted!)
I have now stayed in three different rooms, and they have all been lovely. My son had booked my husband and I a suite on the night of the wedding which was very special, however the more modest rooms are also great, with lovely en-suite bathroom and tea/coffee making facilities.
The hotel is ideally placed for exploring Stratford and the Cotswold area, and when you have had enough of sightseeing, it's a peaceful retreat to unwind in.
It is used by business people and holidaymakers alike, providing a professional and friendly service for everyone, indeed I think it is the staff that make this hotel a cut above other similar venues.
If you are looking for a few quiet days away, or a place to celebrate a special occasion, you couldn't do better.

Room Tip: If you can afford it chose a suite overlooking the terrace, fabulous views from here.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for completing your review and the comments you have made we are so pleased to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future. Kind regards Grainne Hayden

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

If its peace and quiet you want, a tranquil rest and yet be a short drive away from Stratford and all of its history and charm, then Ettington Park has to be a strong consideration. I have stayed here once a year for the last five years and it's really difficult to fault it. Rooms, service, food, surroundings...they do say that you pay for what you get so do not expect these high quality standards at budget hotel prices.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Quiet_n_Warm
GM-Ettingtonpark, General Manager at Ettington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you for completing your review and the comments you have made we are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay with us. Kind regards

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on a afternoon tea, 3 course dinner and breakfast break and we felt utterly spoilt. The hotel is absolutely beautiful and our time spent here was marvelous. We loved the pool and food. We came away feeling so refreshed and relaxed we will be sure to visit again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Travelbugs2210

Thank you for completing your review and the comments you have made, we are delighted that you both left feeling relaxed, as this is exactly what we aim to do. We do look forward to welcoming you both back for a return stay with us. Kind regards

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Location, fantastic; staff can't do enough for you, rooms very tastefully decorated. This hotel is superb, the grounds the building and the history are all very interesting. If you want a get away hotel for a nice weekend away, this is it; very close to Stratford upon Avon for more history and shopping. It really is a lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the front parkland are the nicest. Avoid rooms over the reception or restaurant.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Yvonne043

Thank you for completing your review and the comments you have made, which have been shared with my team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay with us. Kind regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alderminster
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
#2 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon
The White Swan Hotel
The White Swan Hotel
#3 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon

Been to Ettington Park Hotel? Share your experiences!