What a fabulous place! The location and the building of the hotel immediately set the scene for a memorable stay. This was a night's stay to celebrate our Silver Wedding Anniversary, (a double celebration along with our Best Man and his wife). We were given a friendly welcome and settled into our rooms.
We were only able to make this an overnighter, so the four of us were keen to make the most of the facilities and quickly went down to the pool. This is very nicely laid out with a shower, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna at poolside, and is clean, light and airy. Plenty of clean fluffy towels are conveniently available at poolside and in the changing rooms, so you don't need to worry about using the room ones.
We then enjoyed pre-dinner drinks on the terrace, and a 3 course meal in the restaurant followed by coffee and petit-fours in the lounge - all the settings were impressive, as was the food and drink.
Our double bed was absolutely huge and incredibly comfortable, so we were well rested and able to fit in another swim and sauna before an excellent breakfast and a final walk around the grounds before we left.
It's difficult to fault anything - service was excellent - and there seemed to be a confidence in roles and knowledge. We also appreciated the request that tips be saved to the end of the stay and that they were to be shared equally amongst the staff.
Only tiny quibble is that the decor in the room was essentially grey, which is probably very fashionable but seemed a bit austere, however the room was well appointed and very comfortable and spotless, as was the bathroom.
This hotel is definitely well above our usual price bracket, but we heartily recommend this if you are in the mood for a special celebration.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ettington Park Hotel, the only AA 4 Red Star hotel in Stratford-Upon-Avon, is set in 40 acres of parkland in a verdant valley with the River Stour meandering through it. Situated just six miles from the centre of the famed home of Shakespeare and just a few miles from the start of The Cotswold Way, this spectacular property is a world apart from the hustle and bustle of contemporary life. Built from six types of Cotswold stone, Ettington Park is furnished with fine paintings and decorated with friezes that trace its centuries of tradition and heritage. This is a country house where historic extravagance meets contemporary comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Ettington Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Ettington Park
- Ettington Park Stratford Upon Avon
- Ettington Hotel Park
- Ettington Park Hotel Alderminster, England, UK