“Afternoon Tea...What a delight !”

Ettington Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Alderminster
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea...What a delight !”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My sister and I booked Afternoon Tea, for 6, as a 80th birthday treat for our Mother. What a wonderful venue, stunning setting and the staff were friendly and efficient. The afternoon tea was fantastic and was enjoyed by everyone, they even provided little bags for us to take home all the scones and cakes that we were unable to finish. If you are looking for a special place to treat a loved one, then look no further.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 360Sue
GM-Ettingtonpark, General Manager at Ettington Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for completing your review and the comments you have made with regard to your afternoon tea, we are so pleased that you enjoyed it and look forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Our stay at the hotel certainly DIDN'T disappoint . The location is stunning , the hotel is fantastic . The service was superb and the food was excellent . All the staff were very attentative , pleasant and helpful . Alice served our evening meal , she was outstanding , and the dark haired man at breakfast , sorry I can't remember the name on his badge . I couldn't list the names of staff because they were all brilliant . Thank you for making our stay special.

1 Thank Tara H
Thank you for completing your review and the comments you have made, I have shared these wtih my team who are so pleased to hear them too. We very much look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay with us. Kind regards
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Arriving on a vey hot summers day, it was a welcome surprise to see that the hotel had undergone some major refurbishment in the way of air-conditioning in all bedrooms since I last visited and also the updated decor in the rooms were also a plus.

Check-in was a smooth process and a friendly, keen, chatty chap helped me with my bags to my room and explained everything about how things in the room and hotel worked, also enlightening me to the history of the house and offering further information if I required. Lovely man but didn't catch his name.......but wedding coming up in August so he'll know who he is! Thanks.

While settling into my room a Cream Tea was delivered, which I had decided to take in my room to enjoy the cool A/C after my journey in the heat and chill a bit before exploring the grounds. Scrumptious scones, jam & cream and a perfect pot of English Breakfast Tea.

As mentioned in earlier reviews the hotel is stunning and reminded me of a French Chateau with Gothic touches, all set in perfect manicured grounds with outstretching views of the Warwickshire countryside.

Later we had drinks outside on the gravelled patio at tables with sun brollies over, where a very knowledgable headwaiter explained the menu's and offered help with the wine choice. Dinner was served in a cosy wood panelled room on large round tables. The food was good but not top notch and service was a little lapse in places - various glasses and plates left on tables well after being required, however, service by all the staff was very friendly.

Our room was in the newer wing at the back of the hotel but still offered high ceilings and a country house feel. As I mentioned earlier the rooms have been completely renovated four years ago and have a modern elegance with all mod cons of large TV, DVD player, A/C, fridge, safe, iron & ironing board and a really comfy bed!

As my husband had to leave early in the morning, we had our breakfast delivered to our room earlier than normal which the hotel were very accommodating with and a smart young man delivered a lovely hot breakfast spot on the time we had asked for.

All in all our stay was superb and a relaxing treat indeed. We both said it would be nice to come back again soon and would defiantly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a peaceful break away.

Room Tip: I'm sure the rooms in the main house are grander but I found the rooms in rear wing perfectly ad...
1 Thank AiryTraveller
Thank you for completing your review and are delighted to hear just how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We very much look forward to welcoming you back for a return stay us. Kind regards
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We booked Ettington Park Hotel as we love period properties. The building and grounds are stunning, and steeped in history. Unfortunately we did not get the period room were expected as somehow we were allocated a family room. This was like a modern flat, with tiny bedroom and bathroom upstairs. It also was a little tired and needed some tlc, however, I'm sure it would be ideal for a family, particularly as it was situated near the pool. Not anyone's fault, but we got to look at the other executive rooms before we left and they were beautiful, so we will be going back.

The food was excellent; the deconstructed kedgeree is to die for. The different types of bread is a nice touch, as is the olives while you're deciding what to order. We ate on the terrace on the second night and it was like being in the mediterranean. why go abroad when we have these surroundings and the hot weather?

What stood out to us the most, as seasoned travellers, is the staff. Everyone you meet says hello,remembers your name, asks how your days been. They really couldn't do enough for you. The new lithuanian waitress was so attentive and friendly, as were all of them. The receptionist was so helpful and genuinely seemed unhappy that she not could locate another room for us. She allowed us to see a selection of rooms for next time!

If I could make any suggestion it would be to look at air con or fans in the dining rooms. I know it's unusual weather but it was impossible to eat in there and the staff were also struggling. And there were no ash trays on the terrace, so cigarette ends under every table. Oh, and the wine is very expensive (£13.50 a large glass).

To summarise, this is one of the most stunning hotels you will ever stay in, and I recommend it to everyone. I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the individual rooms in the main house.
1 Thank Lorraine R
Thank you for completing your review and the comments you have made, which we have taken on board. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay with us. Kind regards
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Having only found out me and my partner Sara was staying over that night after it was given to me as a 30th birthday treat,we turned up about 12.00 lunch time a little bit early than expected for check in,but thought we would make most of the day.Once we checked in by a very friendly concierge and receptionist we were shown to our room which was amazing and spacious we decided not to hang about and go for a dip in the wonderful swimming pool before getting changed and heading down for dinner which was top notch and faultless,been a chef myself i understand the pressure of keeping good standards and the chef obviously has a good palete and knows good ingredients.canapes and fizz on the terrace b4 hand was a nice touch before dinner and Adam who served us is a credit to ettington as he is a natural with guests and is a polite and professional young man.The following morning breakfast was excellent and good choice of continental,my partner Sara is a breakfast manager and is always checking things and seing how other places do it,but she struggled to pick fault.Would just like to say Nic greenhalgh who me and Sara both know well is certainly a big credit to ettington nothing was too much trouble for him and even though he was busy ,he managed to give us a show round which was interesting and informative(love the gothic feel to the place).NIC YOUR A STAR, i could go on and on but all in all what a wonderful place,setting and location and all the staff are a real credit to hand picked ettington.WE WILL BE BACK :-) thank you Paul and Sara

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for completing your review the comments you have made, we are so pleased to have given you lovely memories. I have shared your comments with my team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay. Kind regards
London
Reviewed July 11, 2013

It is hard to describe the impact of the beautiful tree lined drive and at the end you come across this wonderful Gothic mansion with its fabulous views across the countryside and the church that dates back to the doomsday book.I had taken my wife there as a anniversary surprise her reaction was priceless. From the moment you walk in through the marvelous entrance until you wave it a sad goodbye the staff to a tee are faultless they could not do enough.Our room was excellent and all the amenities you would expect from a hand picked hotel, the bed was soft and comfy and afforded a good nights sleep. The bathroom was functional with a good shower and a bath if you prefer.The restaurant was brilliant food excellent and the waiting staff very attentive and accommodating and I must say they have a brilliant chef.May I say a big thank you to the concierge a happy chap who although he has tourettes Was a mind of information on the history of the hotel and of course the resident ghosts, and took the time to walk us around and pointed out the ghostly areas,I wish every hotel had a concierge like him.
If you are looking to pamper yourself (or the other half) I wholeheartedly recommend the Ettington Park Hotel,this Gothic mansion with all its wonders offers relief from the daily strife of life. I can still see the view as I sat pint in hand looking across the hills and thinking it cannot get any better than this

Room Tip: The hotel is in quite a secluded area. Be careful if you order a taxi as they come from stratford an...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
GM-Ettingtonpark, General Manager at Ettington Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for completing your review and the comments you have made we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us at Ettington Park and your comments have been shared with my team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back for a return stay with us. Kind regards
Oxton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Well where do I begin with this hotel ??? Or should I say castle ????
I suppose the beginning would be good !!!
We came along the drive and could just see miles of idyllic English countryside what a beautiful country we have !!!!
As we pulled up to the palace (sorry so many terms come to mind when u see this building)
We went to check in and wow !!!! (That's the entrance hall)
Lady on reception was very polite and nice smile take ore people when you are in the service industry you gotta have a nice smile even nicer when it's genuine !!!
Any way onto our room we went in it was very well equipped nice modern tv speakers in the bathroom but what I really loved is how most of the furniture was old and fitting of the hotel !!!!
The bathroom was immaculate as was the room bathrobes provided.
We had a table reserved in the restaurant for us at 7.30pm for which we were on time (normally its an hour late) we were greeted by a waiter who was lovely very helpful then were given a wine list and canopes while the table was prepared our order was taken as we had our drinks.
I'm sorry I have to say people moan about the low service I thought it was perfect enjoy your food and evening !!! Had the rainbow trout as we only eat halal meat but it was delicious very well cooked nice flavours !!!!
We also had desserts which were beautifully presented and tasted equally as nice !!!!
Which we had outside !!!! On a beautiful day
And to finish off a little game of croquet to digest our meal lovely !!!
In the morning we had a cooked breakfast which was fantastic by the way !!!! And went for a walk in the beautiful grounds
It's amazing the history of this place a family once lived here with their own church !!!!!
And are now buried in the grounds !!!!
Anyway we head back as we had to checkout by 11am :(
My amazing wife packed our case as she always does bless her !!!!
I made my way down to the pool !!!!
And wow the pool was heated they have a steam room sauna and jacuzzi !!!!!
Had about an hour there got changed in the most immaculate rooms with showers
Alls I can say is well done keep up the good work !!!!
Would definitely return and recommend !!!
My only small concerns would be that it was quite sad to see how the grave stones of the former family that lived there have just been left in a bad state I just found it a little disrespectful !!!!
Or maybe I'm old fashioned ???? Also please provided ashtrays I'm a smoker but hated watching people just throwing there cigarette butts on the floor of these beautiful grounds !!!!!
Ps some of the people there are so poor all they have is Money !!!!!!!!!!!
At least go once in your lifetime go on put it on your to do before you die list !!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for completing your review, we are delighted to hear your comments, and pleased to know just how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for a return stay with us. Kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alderminster
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
Ettington Chase Hotel
Ettington Chase Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ettington
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,411 reviews

Been to Ettington Park Hotel? Share your experiences!