Well where do I begin with this hotel ??? Or should I say castle ????
I suppose the beginning would be good !!!
We came along the drive and could just see miles of idyllic English countryside what a beautiful country we have !!!!
As we pulled up to the palace (sorry so many terms come to mind when u see this building)
We went to check in and wow !!!! (That's the entrance hall)
Lady on reception was very polite and nice smile take ore people when you are in the service industry you gotta have a nice smile even nicer when it's genuine !!!
Any way onto our room we went in it was very well equipped nice modern tv speakers in the bathroom but what I really loved is how most of the furniture was old and fitting of the hotel !!!!
The bathroom was immaculate as was the room bathrobes provided.
We had a table reserved in the restaurant for us at 7.30pm for which we were on time (normally its an hour late) we were greeted by a waiter who was lovely very helpful then were given a wine list and canopes while the table was prepared our order was taken as we had our drinks.
I'm sorry I have to say people moan about the low service I thought it was perfect enjoy your food and evening !!! Had the rainbow trout as we only eat halal meat but it was delicious very well cooked nice flavours !!!!
We also had desserts which were beautifully presented and tasted equally as nice !!!!
Which we had outside !!!! On a beautiful day
And to finish off a little game of croquet to digest our meal lovely !!!
In the morning we had a cooked breakfast which was fantastic by the way !!!! And went for a walk in the beautiful grounds
It's amazing the history of this place a family once lived here with their own church !!!!!
And are now buried in the grounds !!!!
Anyway we head back as we had to checkout by 11am :(
My amazing wife packed our case as she always does bless her !!!!
I made my way down to the pool !!!!
And wow the pool was heated they have a steam room sauna and jacuzzi !!!!!
Had about an hour there got changed in the most immaculate rooms with showers
Alls I can say is well done keep up the good work !!!!
Would definitely return and recommend !!!
My only small concerns would be that it was quite sad to see how the grave stones of the former family that lived there have just been left in a bad state I just found it a little disrespectful !!!!
Or maybe I'm old fashioned ???? Also please provided ashtrays I'm a smoker but hated watching people just throwing there cigarette butts on the floor of these beautiful grounds !!!!!
Ps some of the people there are so poor all they have is Money !!!!!!!!!!!
At least go once in your lifetime go on put it on your to do before you die list !!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ettington Park Hotel, the only AA 4 Red Star hotel in Stratford-Upon-Avon, is set in 40 acres of parkland in a verdant valley with the River Stour meandering through it. Situated just six miles from the centre of the famed home of Shakespeare and just a few miles from the start of The Cotswold Way, this spectacular property is a world apart from the hustle and bustle of contemporary life. Built from six types of Cotswold stone, Ettington Park is furnished with fine paintings and decorated with friezes that trace its centuries of tradition and heritage. This is a country house where historic extravagance meets contemporary comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ettington Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Ettington Park
- Ettington Park Stratford Upon Avon
- Ettington Hotel Park
- Ettington Park Hotel Alderminster, England, UK