“Good value on the offer and excellent service. But not keen on thr spooky goings on!”

Ettington Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Alderminster
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Fab food,service and location. Good value on the offer with free cream team, champagne and canapés.
Didn't like the spooky goings on in the hotel though as the hotel is steeped in history.
Room 50 is spooky and hardly slept...,

3  Thank Cheshirelass01
GM-Ettingtonpark, General Manager at Ettington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for completing your review, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry hear that you found "Spooky Goings on" I would be interested to know what they were?, please feel free to contact me should you wish to let me know. I do hope that this will not deter you from staying with us again in the future, and we would ensure you do not receive the same room (50). Kind regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,553)

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed at the Ettington Park Hotel for a company meeting and on first impressions, I thought it a fantastic venue.

It was a good location with great rooms and staggeringly beautiful architecture. The grounds looked superb and the hotel has wellies, bikes and umbrellas should you want to venture out. Our schedule didn't allow this freedom, but for a holiday/pleasure visitor, I would think this a fabulous opportunity.

The staff are excellent and really can't do enough for you, whether it be helping with luggage, organising drinks or just giving directions. These are the hotels secret weapon.

We had a very good meeting in the Long Gallery, albeit right at the top of the hotel, up a few flights of stairs, but some took advantage of the lift available. Tea, coffee and water was readily available and business proceeded well.

Once I got my room key and took directions, I was amazed with 2 storey room with a downstairs sitting/TV area, along with an upstairs bedroom and en suite. The bedroom was beautiful, bed very comfy and en suite staggeringly good. My only gripe was that the shower was a little small, but that's only a minor complaint. It gushed with hot water when asked and everything worked as it should.

Now for the bits that could have been improved upon to get that "excellent."

I was surprised their was no gym. Of a hotel of this size and standard I thought it would warrant one, but then again it's an ambiance hotel rather than a busy bustling exec hotel.

The food, I thought, was only average. It was tasty at all times and the ingredients looked top notch. Presentation was also excellent. I just didn't think there was enough of it and everyone mentioned that they were hungry afterwards. This mirrored at breakfast when the food was only average again. I would have expected better. The second day lunch was made up more of huge chunks of bread, very little filling and dishes full of frozen chips.

This would have to change significantly for me to be really impressed as I think the food experience in a hotel is as important as the sleep experience.

Please strive for change and excellence. You have a beautiful hotel and fabulous staff. A little bit more and my stay would have been staggeringly good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank IDavidRowley

Thank you for completing your review and the comments you have made, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. You mention that we have no gym which is correct, however we are launching Gym in a Bag in April 2013 which offers exercises in the comfort of your own room. With regard to your comments relating to food, I have discussed this with my head chef and we have taken the action necessary to ensure our offering meets all guests expectations. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for a future stay. However, should you wish to discuss this with me further please do feel free to contact me. Kind regards

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Probably the best value stay. 159 pounds per day including full breakfast, cream tea and full dinner for two, free wifi and parking and........ upgraded to executive room! I would return even if the rates were higher because my experience in this 40 acre Estate was so very good. Service, food. rooms and the surrounding were all superb. Has heated pool and sauna which we did not use.

Room Tip: I had room 23 with nice view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank naren1

Thank you for completing your review, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay, where we hope you will find time to enjoy the pool. Kind regards

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We were apprehensive prior to arrival having read some very negative reviews but we need not have worried. The hotel is not 'cheap' and your expectations are naturally high but we were not disappointed, indeed we wished we had stayed longer. The outstanding feature for us was the attentive and friendly service provided by the staff. Dinner and breakfast were also both very enjoyable. The hotel was not full maybe because we were there midweek and perhaps this enabled us to avoid weddings or the dining issues mentioned in other reports. Our experience was that food looked and tasted good and the speed of service was ideal. The dining experience would have been perfect but for the excessive wine prices. Our executive room was number 15 in the ‘new block’ (looks identical to the executive room shown on the current website) – the room is not large but is quite adequate and we had a lovely view of the garden. The bed was large and very comfortable. Impressive attention to detail included the replenishment of biscuits or milk etc at least twice a day. I do not understand some of the critical reviews, rarely is anything entirely perfect but if the overall experience is good you can overlook any minor annoyances, though I do believe if any issue was raised with staff if it were possible to resolve the problem they would willingly do so pleasantly and efficiently. We were sufficiently satisfied with our visit we would happily stay again. It has also given us the incentive to try other hotels in the Hand Picked group on the assumption they would give similar satisfaction. We stayed two weekday nights at £155 per night on a Winter D B & B deal, which included champagne and canapés prior to dinner.

Room Tip: If you want to avoid staying whilst a wedding is taking place ask when booking about weddings or oth...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Stephen M

Thank you for completing your review, we are delighted to hear just how much you enjoyed your stay with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay. Kind regards

Reviewed March 13, 2013

On arrival we were greeted by the deer which was lovely to see. First impressions of grounds was good.

Check in not so good arrived after the 3pm check in and told to wait in the bar/ lounge area waited nearly 40 minutes and not offered if we wanted to get a drink. Not what I would of expected for the standard of the hotel especially as plenty of staff saw us. When staying 1 night was frustrating as time was limited as felt like we had been forgotten.

Executive room was spotless great view only downside paid for champagne in room on arrival and was not in room after an hour phoned to ask for it to be bought to room.

Had evening meal in the oak room excellent food and service really enjoyed duck/lamb would recommend the dinner package.

Breakfast was really good also plenty of choice. Service good also.

Perfect stay just a shame check in wasn't a bit more smooth as this will probably stop me returning.

1  Thank Love2traveltoday

Thank you for completing your review, we are so pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. Please accept my apologies that you were asked to wait for your room upon arrival, I have discussed your comments with my reception manager and we have taken the action necessary to ensure issues such as this do not recur. We very much hope that this will not deter you from staying with us again in the future. Should you wish to discuss this with me further please do feel free to contact me. Kind regards

Reviewed March 8, 2013

My boyfriend & I stayed at Ettington Park last Sunday for our 2 year anniversary. I'd booked an "Elegant Escape" night away and this included champagne & canapés, 3 course dinner, bed (what an amazing building & room/view/bathroom with free standing bath) & breakfast. From the moment we arrived we were treated so well. All the staff mentioned our anniversary which was such a nice touch, seeing as id only mentioned it in passing whilst booking. We felt really special and not made to feel like we'd booked a "cheap deal", which in reality really was. It was such good value for the service, food & overall experience. The waiters were very attentive and helpful. The food was lovely. We would definitely go again & next time stay for longer over the weekend. Being really close to Statford town centre was an added bonus & we popped into town for a couple of drinks before dinner. All in all such a lovely time. We will go again soon!!

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for completing your review, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your anniversary stay with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you both back for a longer stay. Kind regards

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Another excellent stay at Ettington Park. The standard of service remains high, the rooms very clean and spacious and the setting is stunning. I can understand some previous reviewers mentioning and being concerned about weddings but my experience was that the wedding party over the weekend who were using the hotel were kept very separate from the other guests and we did not have an issue (albeit it was a relatively small wedding). I can't fault this hotel or the incredible, friendly staff.

However, one small criticism - the cheese trolley which was one of the highlights of dinner has been abandoned. This used to be a real "event" with Pawel (who runs a very tight ship and is very friendly and brilliant with the guests) taking you a tour through the cheeses before serving them to you. The cheese trolley also had port available as an extra. Please bring it back, it just added the finishing touches to very special meal in a great setting.

We will be back again for sure and can't recommend this hotel highly enough!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Keen_Tourist
GM-Ettingtonpark, General Manager at Ettington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you for completing your review and the comments you have made. We are pleased to hear that you have had another memorable stay with us. We will certainly review the cheese trolley. In the meantime, we very much look forward to welcoming you back for another stay with us. Kind regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alderminster
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
#2 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon
Ettington Chase Hotel
Ettington Chase Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ettington

Been to Ettington Park Hotel? Share your experiences!