My partner and I work stressful jobs so to get away for a quick holiday in beautiful noosa was just what we needed. We booked a room at the Australis mainly because the prices were lower and the resort sounded nice.
We were very happy with the level of service we recieved upon arrival. The staff member behind the front counter greeted us with a friendly hello as soon we entered the front doors of the reception, before we had even reached the counter! She was pleasant and friendly and explained all the processes of check in clearly to us. She also explained where the closest restuarants were, where we could park our car and how to get to our room as well as offering a map of the local area and pointing out some of the tourist destinations and things to see and do. We found this to be very helpful as we have never been to noosa before. She also asked us to come back if we had any questions or needed anything which made us feel comfortable and at ease. It was a nice start to our stay.
The room we stayed in was bright and airy and had all the comforts of home. The minibar was stocked for our convienience and our room overlooked the lake which was very calming. There was a balcony which we sat on of an afternoon and watched the sun go down.
The resort seems to be made up of individual townhouses which ment we had our very own unit which we didnt need to share. The room was clean and tidy.
The pools are one of the biggest features of the australis. There are 3 large lagoon style pool, one which is heated that made the perfect place for a swim and a relax next to pool. Pool towels were in our rooms so we didnt have to bring our own or use our bath towels.
When we were looking for something to do we were able to pick from a number of different activities from the brochure board in the resort foyer and the staff were more than happy to answer our questions and make the bookings for us.
We were able to arrange through the reception for a bus transfer to the airport
Overall I would highly recommend the australis for those who are looking for a nice place to stay which is not ridiculously over priced. The australis offered the best prices I could find and the rooms were cosy and the service was friendly and immediate. The resort is well presented and pretty with native plants and hedges and the view from our room was just beautiful.
Well worth the stay. We loved it and so will you!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Noosa Lakes Resort is situated along the beautiful Noosa River on the Sunshine Coast of Queensland and provides relaxing resort experence in excellent proximity to the many leisurely activities of Noosa. The property is positioned on seven landscaped acres by the shores of Lake Doonella and opposite the Noosa River, and features three lagoon-style pools (including one heated pool). Surrounded by wilderness, you are only minutes to the town centre, the beach and local attractions.The resort is one and a half hours north of Brisbane airport and just 30 minutes from Sunshine Coast Airport(Maroochydore).Noosa Lakes offers beach-house living accommodation. Each of the studio rooms, One bedroom Apartments and 2 bedroom Townhouses have a balcony, Wi Fi internet, TV/DVD, Foxtel and have views over the gardens, lake, river or pools. All units are air-conditioned in the lounge room and the 1 Bedroom apartments and 2 bedroom Townhouses are fully self-contained.Located adjacent to the property (just 100 metres) is the beautiful Noosa Marina, which provides restaurants, cafes, river and lake cruises, a wine bar, day spa and a The Noosa Ferry that offers access via the Noosa River to Noosa's famous Hastings Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Noosa Lakes Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Australis Noosa Lakes Hotel Tewantin
- Australis Noosa Lakes Resort
- Noosa Lakes Resort Tewantin