“Very pleased” 5 of 5 bubbles

Noosa Lakes Resort
Brussels, Région De Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
“Very pleased”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Excellent accommodation. Pools are very nice and the comfort level of the place is excellent. Great facilities and very close to noosa heads. Would gladly recommend this to anyone. The price is very competitive especially for the studio.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hassan H
NSAMGER, Manager at Noosa Lakes Resort, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Hi Hassan H,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review.
Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our hotel suited your needs.
We look forward to seeing you again at Australis Noosa Lakes when you next visit the area.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Slough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my boyfriend for a couple of nights while he was in Noosa for work. Booked on Wotif.com and like a previous couple, we were a little surprised when we arrived and remembered it had been classed as a 4 star hotel. Don't get me wrong, I was more than happy with the room and the facilities, however I do feel they're setting themselves up for a fall when they advertised as 4 star, which is not what I would class it as.

On check in the staff were very friendly and helpful and gave us directions to our room. The main problem I would say was the lack of parking. Some places had allocated spaces, however we didn't and struggled several times to find somewhere to park. There is a car park for the convention centre but there are warning signs about being towed if you park in there. It's a main road so you can't part there either, which meant a lot of hanging around in the car waiting for visitors to go.

The room was nice, we stayed in a studio apartment which had everything we needed for a couple of days a fridge freezer and microwave. The TV was nice, the bed very comfy and the shower lovely and powerful. Unfortunately we managed to pick a weekend where the weather wasn't great, but did mean we really appreciated the heated pool to freshen up!

All in all, would probably stay here again, although the parking was quite an issue as it deterred us from going out sometimes because we didn't want to have to search around for space when we returned.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Luisa B
Hi Luisa B,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review.
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Apologies regarding the parking difficulties you experienced, our hotel comprises of an townhouse with apartment upstairs and a studio downstairs, the studio does not accompany a carpark unfortuantely.
Hotel Manager.
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

needs a coat of paint ,poorly furnished. our downstairs unit had a shared laundry with the washing machine right against our bed room wall and as most tenants are permanents they do there washing at odd times. The noise from up stairs was crazy. Never again!

Room Tip: go else ware
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Paul B
NSAMGER, Manager at Noosa Lakes Resort, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Paul,

Thankyou for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit. Offering a free laundry facility to each townhouse has come at a price, and I am sorry to hear that other guests were not considerate of you when using these facilities.

I am sorry to hear that you will not be returning.

Kind Regards,
Resort Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Tewantin hotels

Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stayed at Australis Noosa Lakes for 3 nights whilst working across the bridge at the Noosa Gallery. I had a one bedroom studio apartment which as I understand it are situated upstairs above the studio apartments. A colleague who had a studio said there was a lot of noise from above, so if you're a light sleeper perhaps the upstairs one bedroom configuration is a better choice for you. There is a bit of noise from the road if you're near reception, but I couldn't hear it once I turned a fan on (necessary in the weather on those days).

Location wise it was perfect for me, only a 5 minute walk to work. But be aware it's MILES away from major eating hubs such as Gympie Terrace, which was a $10 taxi fare each way. There are not many options in Tewantin itself, which is about 10 minutes walk, just the RSL, which was OK, and a couple of expensive restaurants on the Wharf, which has more cafe options during the day. You can catch the ferry down into Noosa itself which is a lovely ride, but it stops sailing at about 6 pm due to the tides. On the fridge in the apartment was a list of menus for places that will deliver, which was a nice touch although I didn't use them.

There is air-con in the lounge but not the bedroom. Feedback from a colleague suggests that some bedrooms have ceiling fans, but mine did not. I asked reception to provide a pedestal fan, which was readily provided an hour or so after I asked for one, and well before bed-time. As an improvement I would suggest that all the apartments should have standard ceiling fans, or at least a pedestal fan left in the cupboard, so you don't have to chase one up.

I didn't really use the kitchen apart from the fridge. However, it was full size, so there was room for me to put my own drinks and snacks in there without doing the "minibar shuffle" which is such a hassle in many other establishments. A suggested improvement here would be full-size drinking glasses - the options currently are limited to small juice-tumblers or wine glasses, which is a bit of a pain when you want a nice icy tipple at the end of a hot day.

The lounge area was really comfortable with a 2 big couches and a great TV with all the digital channels you could want and a couple of Foxtel movie choices, plus a DVD player. The verandah overlooking the pool was divine, especially for breakfast in the morning with all the bird-life, or to have a glass of wine and a chat to the local geckos at night!

Other reviews have noted a smell from the bathroom brains - there was a bit of one when I checked in, but it dispersed as soon as the shower and sink were used, I think perhaps the room had not been used for a few days. The shower was OK, although the shower head could be better, it had some limescale which made odd jets of water shoot out in random directions which made the floor really wet. There was tonnes of hot water (not necessary in the current weather) and good pressure. The complimentary toiletries were really nice-smelling, and there were plenty of towels, including one for the pool with extras in the bedroom cupboard.

Speaking of the pool - this is where this facility really stands out. A choice of shallow for the kids or 2 (one heated, one unheated)1.6 metre lagoons. Absolutely beautiful, and since I was staying mid-week, I had them pretty much to myself in the afternoon - maybe things get hectic on the weekend. A recent reviewer complained about "death stares" from other users when they brought bottles in. There are clear warnings in both the literature provided in the room and on signs on the pool gate - NO GLASS IN THE POOL AREA.

Look, I'm not going to claim this is a luxury destination, but for the price I paid it was quiet, clean and comfortable, with friendly helpful staff and WAY better than others I've stayed in for work in recent times. We're heading back to Noosa in March for work again, and I've had no hesitation in booking us into the same place already.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank SiandSpud
Thankyou for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Your honest comments are very much appreciated, and your feedback regarding the drinkware will be taken into consideration. All feedback is taken very seriously, and is very helpful to other in deciding on where to stay, or where not to stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards,
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

We booked last minute on a deal on Wotif expecting a great place (4 stars?!?). We turned up & were told there was no allocated parking for our apartment & we would have to park in visitors parking which was very narrow! Room was outdated & sparse & plates were found to be dirty from a previous tenant. The tenant upstairs had his trailer parked in the driveway which made access to the steps difficult. A lot of noise was made from before 6am (we came for a few sleep ins!) from this tenant. The only redeeming factor about this place is the pool. We were given menacing stares by several residents for taking glass bottles into the pool area which we were planning to put into the rubbish bin next to the pool. Not very private either, all the residents could see everything in your apartment if you didn't have all the blinds closed. Not impressed by this place & especially the "4 star" rating, not worth it at all!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SarahKateMahalia
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit. I am sure you received a great last minute deal which should have explained that the Sudio rooms do not have parking allocated. I will make sure to check that our websites do have the correct information. We do ask all guests to have respect for others staying in the complex, but unfortunately not all guests are as considerate of others as we would like. I am sorry to hear that you would not be returning.

Resort Manager.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for two nights. We were not very impressed. We were given 1 body wash, shampoo, conditioner and moisturiser as well as 2 toilet paper rolls.

There was enough thankfully because they charge for more toilet paper. I guess it was cheap for a reason, but surely extra basic necessities should be included in the cost. $1.50 for another roll is over the top.

We had already started bringing our own body wash when staying at motels, looks like another thing made the list.

Nothing wrong with the accommodation other than mentioned but I doubt we will stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. As we are unserviced apartments we only offer a complimentary welcome pack of toiletries.Your comments will be taken into consideration and I will definately discuss the need for including extra ammenities with our Housekeeping department.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

We stayed in a studio room and for the price compared to other studio rooms in noosa it is very good value for money. The only negative things I would say it that the room was a bit dated and in the corners of the shower were bits of mould but overall you do get what you pay for and the stay was satisfactory.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We were delighted to hear that you found the Studio Room satifactory and good value for money. As your stay was some time ago, I hope that you did report the Bathroom condition to the front desk. I will discuss your comments with our Housekeeping department.

I hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Resort Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tewantin
Noosa Sun Motel & Holiday Apartments
Ingenia Holidays Noosa
Ingenia Holidays Noosa
#13 of 41 in Noosaville
Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort

Been to Noosa Lakes Resort? Share your experiences!