Noosa Lakes Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
RACV Noosa Resort(Noosa)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewsacross the roadcatch the ferrylagoon styleone bedroom apartmentthe riversmall kitchenettehastings streetwould stay againminute walkself containedself catershopping centreeumundi marketsfull kitchengreat spotcafes and restaurantsheated pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We spent a week in a downstairs studio room at this resort and would have moved on but they have a no refunds policy for these units. the reason becomes obvious on the first night.
we were lucky to have no one directly above us, however we could hear all the noise from the unit next door, also the units get no sun at all and are both cold and dark(might be ok for summer)
The units are well equiped and are clean however and the cost is very low for Noosa.
The pools look great on the pictures but 2 of them were cold and the one heated was only 20 degrees and we found that to cold to swim in on a winters day.
When booking the stay the lady at the desk signed herself as reception(no name) and when i met her ,the signoff reflected her personality, i normally find that most resort staff are pleasent happy people.
I would not be tempted to stay at the australis noosa again , i visit Noosa often but my normal accomodation was fully booked for the full week hence the stay at the Australis

Room Tip: Pay a bit more and stay somewhere else, this would be ok for an overnight stay only
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
NSAMGER, Manager at Noosa Lakes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Thankyou for taking the time to express your valued feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
I am happy to hear that you found our resort clean and well equipped for a reasonable price.

Please rest assured that I have had discussions with our staff regarding hospitality and guest relations.

Unfortunately we are not able to heat all of our pools but we are looking into why the pool was only at 20 degrees and not it's usual 30.

Thankyou once again for providing this feedback. I would hope to welcome you back in the future.

Regards,
Resort Manager.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

Prior to taking this holiday, we had upgraded from a Studio Room to an apartment as that has the full kitchen facilities and we prefer to cook for ourselves as a cheaper option than eating out every day. It was at this point that I read the reviews and I have to say some reviews were quite damning and I wondered what I had got ourselves into. Suddenly I was not so excited about taking this holiday. Need not have worried!!! Found the room to be clean, spacious, had a great view of the pools and a little bit of the Marina across the road. Two balconies so we could catch the sun throughout the day. Amenities provided are sufficient for holiday purposes. Staff were obliging. We did not have neighbours for the whole time we were there, but yes, we could hear them banging doors etc but I would think this would happen wherever you stay if it is busy. As for rooms being maintained - I washed my dishes every day even though the room had a dishwasher. I had no problem emptying our rubbish prior to leaving and ensuring we used the recycle bin for bottles, cans etc. Overall, we had a wonderful time and would not hesitate in recommending them to anyone. I guess you cannot please everyone all the time.

Room Tip: Higher floor for a better view and also less noise from neighbours.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ken B
NSAMGER, Manager at Noosa Lakes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. All guest feedback positive or negative is taken very seriously as it helps us to continually improve our services and facilities.
Once again thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back in the future.
Kind Regards,

Resort Manager

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Spent 5 weeks touring Australia all other accomadation has been very good or excellant this place needs some serious upgrading , ants in the bathroom some sort of dirt in the shower.
No view to the lake covered by trees, Noisy when other people in adjacent units, staff not very helpful not much response when told them of the items above washing machine also leaking water on the floor.
Noosa Harbour & Noosa very nice but this property and its staff need upgrading
Poor design and construction, only good point size of living space and swimming pools.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vic f

Thank you for taking the time to express your valued feedback regarding your recent stay at Australis Noosa Lakes Resort. We are glad that you enjoyed the swimming pools and living space in the rooms. However, I was most disappointed to read that your stay was not as exceptional as we would want it to be.

Please be rest assured that I have had discussions with our staff regarding the bathroom issues and response time to our valued guests.

In regards to the lake view we are currently working with the local council who manage the land to develop a strategy to improve it.

We hope we can welcome you back again in the future.

Regards,
Resort Manager

Reviewed April 19, 2012

We had a downstairs studio unit for three days. You can hear each and every movement upstairs which can prevent sleep if the tenants are adventurous! (Night one!). The grout on the bathroom floor was grimy, and there were signs of mould around the shower. Unit recently refurbished.There is a bus to Noosa Beach every fifteen minutes. Takes 20 minutes and is great. If you want a cheap Noosa holiday in reasonable surrounds, this is great. You can walk to the RSL.We will probably go again.

Room Tip: Ask for a studio unit with a vacancy upstairs
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mango71
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I was recommended to Australis when I made my booking with the flight centre. I was also advised that it was "close proximity" to Hastings Street. Good thing I had a car!
The room overlooking the lake which I could barely see due the extensive trees was very average. There were at least half a dozen small spiders on the cornice in the lounge, the exhaust fan in the bathroom was caked in dust, the bed was hard as rock and as I was downstairs I heard EVERYTHING from the people upstairs. Every footstep was thud..thud..several times I thought they were going to come through the ceiling. I was there for 3 nights and was woken constantly throughout the night and also early hours of the morning.
I had trouble accessing my own internet due to the location and it was advertised that internet could be purchased at reception. When I went in the girl advised that they did not have any one day cards but I could purchase on-line. When I asked her how to do this as there was no information or instructions provided all I got was a vacant look and told I think you do this...I GAVE UP!!
If you are looking for very basic accommodation and don't mind noise, this is the place for you. I will be paying a bit extra and staying somewhere where the walls are thick, my room is serviced, I don't have to pay for extra toilet paper and if something is advertised then I can get it.

Room Tip: Upstairs but be mindful that your neighbour below can hear everything. And back from the road as it gets quite busy.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo