“Bite to delight”

Noosa Harbour Fish Market
Ranked #8 of 33 Restaurants in Tewantin
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Noosa Harbour Fish Market is located on the Noosa Marina, Tewantin. Take away or eat on the beautiful marina, we have a large selection on fresh seafood including -Oysters,crabs,bugs,occy,cuttlefish,salmon,tuna,sword fish, mussels cooked and green prawns. Select any of our fish varieties to be crumbed, battered or grilled, we also have all of the usual chip shop foods inc calamari, salt n pepper squid, thai fish cakes amazing burgers and salads. The Harbour Wine Bar adjacent has a fantastic wine, beer and spirit selection as well as Vittoria coffee, exotic teas and gourmet biscuits and cakes. Live music Friday nights from 5.30pm and Open Mic Night every 2nd Saturday.Take advantage of the $50 - Ferry, Wine 'N' Dine special! Which includes - Return ferry trip, fish n chips for two and a bottle of wine from the Harbour Wine Bar. Visit our website for details!
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We hadn't patronised this little fish and chip cafe for several months and recently discovered new managers had taken over. How nice it was to receive such friendly service, enormous servings and such delicious tasting fish. Some of our group also purchased fresh fish to take home having so enjoyed their lunch. The cafe has very limited space and few tables itself so we enjoyed our lunch on the deck outside the Winebar where there is ample seating room for large groups or those who seek shelter. The Wharf often has live music at weekends and a Sunday market so a meal from the Fish Market makes an ideal outing for families.

There are newer reviews for Noosa Harbour Fish Market

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stumbled upon the Noosa marina and stopped to see if it had a fish and chips place - so glad we did! There's a great verandah to sit overlooking the marina and the cafe next door serves wine/beer to have with your food. We loved it so we went back for lunch later in the week!

1  Thank AnnaLewisSydney
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I have been going to Noosa Harbour Fish Market since its inception about 12 to 13 years ago, and couldn't be happier with the consistency and price.
I continue to go back because the owner obviously runs a tight ship, as the shop is always immaculately presented, with a beautiful array of fresh seafood on display, plus the service is friendly and efficient.
Yes, this fish and chip shop may be slightly more expensive then others (and it really isn't that much more), but it is worth it! They have more to offer than your run-of-the-mill take-away joint, as it is run in conjunction with the neighbouring Harbour Wine Bar, meaning you can 'dine in' and enjoy some beautiful Mooloolaba prawns (or whatever takes your fancy) with a Corona, or glass of wine - plus you can do it to live music most Friday and Saturday nights too.
My most recent visit was just a couple of weeks ago, and it didn't fail to impress, my husband, son and I shared a dozen natural Coffin Bay oysters (we paid $14.50, but it is market price and can vary), the cajun cuttlefish ($8.50), plus a Seafood Combo ($25.90) - two crumbed fish, six calamari rings, two prawn cutlets, plus chips and tartare sauce, and as you can see by my photo their was plenty of food for the three of us. It was all superbly cooked, the oysters were fresh, and Coffin Bay are my favourite, the fish was crumbed and cooked to perfection and cuttlefish was beautifully tender. We get take away or dine at Noosa Harbour Fish Market about once a month, and can safely say I have never had a bad food or service experience.

Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

I am from Adelaide and one thing most Adelaideans fail at is cooking fish. Most fish shops will serve you some batter with a side of fish. This place was great, perfectly crumbed, not too greasy and an amazing atmosphere to enjoy your meal. Very reasonable pricing as well

1  Thank Haylz2
Reviewed April 2, 2012

This long established fish shop is located at the very picturesque Noosa Marina complex on the Noosa river at Tewantin. A more idyllic place to enjoy your fish and chips would be hard to imagine - certainly Mr Richard Branson thought so, having established Makepeace Island into an exclusive island hideaway just around the bend in the river.

I have been frequenting this fish shop since the Harbour was opened, so well over 10 years. Of concern of late (I refer specifically to the late 2 months or so) the quality of the cooking of the fish has nose dived on 2 of my visits. I will say that the fresh fish at this shop has always been first rate - it is the cooking of it of late that has disappointed.

Most recently I selected an amazing piece of fresh barramundi, only to have it presented some 15 minutes later overcooked in what can only be described as 'stodgy' batter. This was very disappointing, more so since for the last couple of years this shop has most definitely started charging Noosa 'tourist' prices.

I am aware of a number of locals who have taken their custom elsewhere recently, and I am now going to join the exodus as I am unwilling to be bitten again with a steep docket for an unsatisfactory product which detracts so much from a location that I truely love spending time at.

3  Thank martyjoe