“Consistency becoming an issue”

Noosa Harbour Fish Market
Ranked #7 of 33 Restaurants in Tewantin
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Noosa Harbour Fish Market is located on the Noosa Marina, Tewantin. Take away or eat on the beautiful marina, we have a large selection on fresh seafood including -Oysters,crabs,bugs,occy,cuttlefish,salmon,tuna,sword fish, mussels cooked and green prawns. Select any of our fish varieties to be crumbed, battered or grilled, we also have all of the usual chip shop foods inc calamari, salt n pepper squid, thai fish cakes amazing burgers and salads. The Harbour Wine Bar adjacent has a fantastic wine, beer and spirit selection as well as Vittoria coffee, exotic teas and gourmet biscuits and cakes. Live music Friday nights from 5.30pm and Open Mic Night every 2nd Saturday.Take advantage of the $50 - Ferry, Wine 'N' Dine special! Which includes - Return ferry trip, fish n chips for two and a bottle of wine from the Harbour Wine Bar. Visit our website for details!
Reviewed April 2, 2012

This long established fish shop is located at the very picturesque Noosa Marina complex on the Noosa river at Tewantin. A more idyllic place to enjoy your fish and chips would be hard to imagine - certainly Mr Richard Branson thought so, having established Makepeace Island into an exclusive island hideaway just around the bend in the river.

I have been frequenting this fish shop since the Harbour was opened, so well over 10 years. Of concern of late (I refer specifically to the late 2 months or so) the quality of the cooking of the fish has nose dived on 2 of my visits. I will say that the fresh fish at this shop has always been first rate - it is the cooking of it of late that has disappointed.

Most recently I selected an amazing piece of fresh barramundi, only to have it presented some 15 minutes later overcooked in what can only be described as 'stodgy' batter. This was very disappointing, more so since for the last couple of years this shop has most definitely started charging Noosa 'tourist' prices.

I am aware of a number of locals who have taken their custom elsewhere recently, and I am now going to join the exodus as I am unwilling to be bitten again with a steep docket for an unsatisfactory product which detracts so much from a location that I truely love spending time at.

3  Thank martyjoe