TripAdvisor
Tewantin
Post
Inbox
Search

“It’s a Vibe at the Wine Bar”
Review of Harbour Wine Bar

Harbour Wine Bar
Ranked #6 of 6 Quick Bites in Tewantin
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Some friends and I went to the Wine Bar last Friday and had an amazing time. We were surprised to see live music and a wonderful atmosphere where it was obvious everyone was having a fantastic time. Even though the bar was quite busy there was exceptional service from the bartenders and all the waiters. Overall it was a great experience and I will definitely be back next week!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (60)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you have been lost and starving in a remote area of remote Queensland and then stumble upon the Harbour Wine Bar then I suggest you give it a go. Otherwise run away as fast as you can.
Went there last evening (Sunday) and very few patrons, and that was the clue we needed to follow. Yes they are good for a drink but food is not their thing. The flathead fillets were over cooked and dry and all food was drenched in an oversupply of salt. Oh God, my arteries will need weeks to recover! The salad was dry and needed a decent salad dressing.
The open air concept has a lot to offer but it is obvious that the venue is poorly managed with an over abundance of ‘work experience’ students. They are not interested in return patrons, just the one off naive and unknowing tourist. We won’t be back!

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed September 4, 2019

OMG! Only go here if you want your day ruined. I've been on this planet a while now and am pretty widely traveled, but I have never been verbally abused by anyone in the service industry or retail before, but the woman making the coffee in this place was keen to oblige.

I ordered a couple of coffees and sausage roll to go and waited in the seated area outside. After a fairly long wait, it was finally delivered to me, but without a napkin - which is a must if your eating a sausage roll. I went back in to ask whether I could get one and was promptly abused twice by the woman behind the counter and told to (insert unrepeatable language here)! I was completely stunned so I asked the woman serving the tables, to which she abruptly replied - "we don't have any!".

This is a message to the woman making the coffee - please do everyone a massive favor and get out of the service industry altogether. You clearly don't enjoy what you are doing and quite possibly also hate people. Unfortunately you've soured my view of Tewantin.

For anyone else considering the harbor cruise from Noosa to Tewantin I suggest only going as far as Noosaville - which has far better eateries and service. But if you're really keen on river cruises, do yourself a favor and and stay on the ferry for the return trip.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 18, 2019 via mobile

I visited the Harbour Wine Bar with a family member for lunch - nice spot in the Marina to eat outside. We were greeted by a young staff member who was proudly displaying the results of her recent rendezvous on her neck. Not a nice look for a staff member. We were then told we couldn’t order anything on the menu that was fried as they had ran out of oil for the friers. We ordered 2 burgers - mine sounded good as haloumi, mushroom & beetroot relish. I received a piece of burnt haloumi and 1 mushroom with a swipe if relish on a cold bun. My sons burger was just as bad. Very poor effort all around!

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 31, 2019

Celebrated two Birthdays here recently. A Friday night with live music and Wednesday afternoon. Both groups enjoyed good food and ambiance. Great service from all staff with a special mention to Ashleigh who looked after us both times.

Date of visit: July 2019