Open today: 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Must visit

Had a wonderful time at Broken Stone Winery this afternoon. Of all the wineries we visited in the... read more

Reviewed February 17, 2019
ashleveque
via mobile
Great wine, great fun

We stopped at Broken Stone at the end of a long day walking between wineries. Carlee and Erica were... read more

Reviewed November 17, 2018
benkF2860FE
via mobile

All reviews take home wine maker great wine wine tasting simplicity drinkable riesling vidal wineries grapes winery pec winemaker
Selected filters
Reviewed September 25, 2018

Broken Stone Winery is a small but cute winery , but the wine tasting is expensive. It was $7.00 and you only get the fee waved if you purchase 2 bottles. Most winery fees are $3.00 -5.00 with the fee waved with one bottle. I did get a bottle of Simplicity to go.

Reviewed September 24, 2018

I don't know how to say this nicely so let's just say it... This wine was some of the worst wine I've ever had, I could barely get it down and shocking that they charge 3/$7 which most other wineries are 3/$5 which I would be happy to pay if it was worth it. While we were there the woman at the tasting bar and another gentlemen were talking about the "Mexican workers" made some pretty derogatory comments about then which we thought was quite inappropriate. The tasting room was quite cute and there are hammocks and muskoka chairs to relax in if you would like to have a glass of wine but I would highly recommend skipping this one and visiting one of the other wineries serving good wine in the area.

1  Thank worldtraveller0202
Tim K, Owner at Broken Stone Winery, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2018

Hello WorldTraveller0202:

Thank you for coming to our winery and taking the time to provide your opinion and to write a review. I appreciate that, and I am sorry you didn't have the first class experience I am striving to provide.

If you have the inclination it would be good if you can contact me directly via our winery email address info@brokenstone.ca. We have the highest respect for our foreign agricultural workers. They are hard working honest people. Derogatory comments about them in our tasting room are completely unacceptable. I don't know any of our staff who would talk that way, but I would like more specific feedback so I can take remedial action if necessary.

Kind regards,
Proprietor and Winemaker

Reviewed September 24, 2018

We stumbled upon Broken Stone while visiting other wineries along Closson road. We were welcomed right away and enjoy sampling the variety of wines. A must stop if you are in the area!

1  Thank KevAmanda
Reviewed August 17, 2018

Me and my girlfriend went on Wednesday afternoon for the tasting. The place is beautiful and very welcoming. Even better is the excellent service that we recieved from Carlee for the wine tasting! (Note to the owners : Carlee is a keeper) And to top it off, the wine were delicious and very affordable. Me and my girlfriend warmly recommend this place to anyone who wants to have fun tasting delicious wine and feel welcome. (Friendly service, not pretencious!)

Date of experience: August 2018

Hi Bastien,
Yes, Carlee is a charming lady. We are so fortunate to have a wonderful team in our tasting room.
Thanks for the positive feedback about the wine, I really appreciate it. I hope you find time to visit again.
Cheers

Proprietor & Winemaker

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

This was our first stop on our wine tour. Our first getaway from our 4 kids in a year. We had some samples of wine and the simplicity was quite nice, but the food guy was amazing. We had a smoked sausage sandwich wrapped in bacon with a fresh over easy egg and cheese with fresh salad with basil. It was fantastic. Give that guy some kitchen space.

Date of experience: August 2018

Kyle Jones (the food guy) is awesome. He is an entrepreneur following his passion -- and his sandwiches are a great fit with the experience we are trying to create at Broken Stone Winery
Winery. If you want, you can follow Kyle on Facebook -- Flossie's.

Thanks so much for coming to our winery.

Cheers,