“Typical Mexican Chain Food”

Cristina's Restaurant Murphy
Ranked #9 of 42 Restaurants in Murphy
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Typical Mexican Chain Food”
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I think the food at Christina's is just average. We went the first time and were not very impressed but decided to try again. The second time wasn't any better. It's not bad just not great.

On the plus side kids eat free on Mondays which can be helpful if you have children. If not stay away on Mondays as its very busy and lots of children around :)

• Visited June 2013

DFW Area
“Always OK....”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Being a chain, location always causes food to vary. We've had OK experiences at this location and some not so great experiences, and one or two standout meals. The management is always quick to address an issue. However, I would rather see overall improvement than having to take a chance each visit.

The salsa and chips are always good. The adult beverages are always very strong, sometimes too much so. The queso is very reliable.

I enjoy the salads and the tacos, but I have learned to stay away from anything fried. It usually comes back overdone. Also, if you have special requests, make sure you repeat them a few times. It's hard to tell, but I think the issue is in the kitchen and not with the waitstaff, though they should certainly catch mistakes before they reach the table.

Visited May 2013
Abilene
“Needs better management, but good food”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Was seated promptly, however, the communication between receptionist and assigned waitress was lacking, resulting in waiting for over 15 minutes just to get a glass of water and have my order taken. I don't think it was necessarily the waitress's fault as I observed that other staff saw that I was not being served and did absolutely nothing to communicate to anyone else this fact. The chips and salsa were good -- really fresh-made salsa that was above the ordinary. I had a chicken quesadilla that was delicious. So, the food is good, but the management needs to have a meeting of the staff and discuss better ways to run the restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
Wylie, Texas
“Service Lacking”
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

We have been here multiple times and tonight was, by far the poorest service we have had. Our waitress, Natasha, was very out of touch. However, the manager was all over it. He got our drink orders, repositioned our fajita plates so my wife wouldn't be sticking her arms in her food, he was bussing tables and delivering food.

We had to ask our waitress for drink refills, really? Margaritas are a high margin item you would think she would have been right there when the glasses were near empty.

The only thing our waitress did quickly was cash us out.

Our reciept had a survey code but we couldn't even do the survey, tried it on 2 operating systems with 3 different browsers but no joy.

We'll go back and hope for someone else on the wait staff.

Visited April 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Average...”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

The Murphy Cristina's is a good place to stop if you happen to be in the area. Food is good, not outstanding. There are other Mexican restaurants I prefer.
The service is slow.