“New feel”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2013

A group of ten Attended a lunch to celebrate our grandmothers 93rd birthday. We were greeted warmly by a friendly waitress who showed us to our table, she promptly took our drinks order and they arrived soon after, then our meal order was taken, we were all pleasantly surprised at a mere 20min wait as the cafe was full. I had the salmon crepes off the new lunch menu – they were delish! Every one else really enjoyed there meals also, the meals were followed by cake and coffee. Over all our service and food were fantastic and we will defiantly be back.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have to say we poped into this cafe on the way through fielding and was greated and seated buy a verry helpfull waiter. It was buzzing with people and we recieved our drinks promptly and meal order was taken. The coffee was just what we needed and i couldnt fault it. Our food arrived not long after myself having an omlette and my husband having eggs benidect meals were presented well and tasted amazing. Overall a splended place to dine and on our next travels will defenatly be back .

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The room was cold, like the coffee unfortunately.i ordered the big breakfast which was ok, but my friend wasn't happy. I will try and avoid Essence in the future but it has potential.

4  Thank smalloscar
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stopped here for breakfast on our drive through the North Island and had delicious fresh food sitting by a lovely fire. The staff were exceptional and very attentive, such wonderful service. The cafe had a great selection of food and it all looked lovely. It's so nice to get such yummy food in a smaller rural town. Would throughly recommend this cafe if you are in the area.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Saturday night some friends of ours suggested we go to Essence for a meal so off we went. I wasn't too excited about this as the last time we went to Essence we were not impressed by the meal at all. Anyway we went along hoping that it would be a better night than previously. As luck would have it it was. My meal was the Pork and it was fantastic. We started with bruschetta and it was yummy! Then as I said I had the pork and something I don't often do was I had a desert which was the brûlée and that also very nice. My disappointment came when my coffee was yuk not yum. Still I guess three out of four is pretty good stakes. I will go again but will refrain from having a coffee.