What a lovely experience. This hotel has been on my wish list for many years and I was finally able to arrange a visit. The manor house was what I expected but the really delightful surprise were the gardens. The formal grounds were lovely and the kitchen gardens intriguing. I never knew how brussel sprouts actually grew. Even if you aren't a garden fanatic (I am not), do plan to spend a morning or afternoon exploring. The room had every comfort, the meals were outstanding and the service impeccable. It is a little hard to find so gps or a maps app might come in handy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 17 bedroom Relais & Chateaux Country House Hotel near West Hoathly in Sussex, is set in 1000 acres of wooded parklands and gardens, famous for being created by William Robinson, arguably one of England’s greatest gardeners. It is hard to believe that this secluded haven of peace and tranquility is only 12 miles from Gatwick Airport and 30 miles from Central London. Enjoy glorious vistas from this remarkable 16th Century Elizabethan Manor, relax in surroundings of timeless elegance and savour top hospitality, fine wines and exquisite food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, World Independent Hotel Promotion and Hotel.de so you can book your Gravetye Manor Hotel and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gravetye Manor East Grinstead
- Gravetye Manor Hotel And Restaurant England/West Hoathly, UK