On the spur of the moment we decided to go for lunch at Gravetye and decided to eat at one of the tables in the garden. What a fantastic experience! We had great but not obtrusive service, with a fantastic setting overlooking the fields in the distance and surrounded by beautiful country garden flowers. The food was cooked and presented perfectly with great flavours. I could not fault it. Our last visit was last December which was our first visit following the refurbishments and was a great experience and a massive improvement. The waiting staff certainly are very well informed about all the food and drink they are serving and can offer great information and advise. Really looking forward to our next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 17 bedroom Relais & Chateaux Country House Hotel near West Hoathly in Sussex, is set in 1000 acres of wooded parklands and gardens, famous for being created by William Robinson, arguably one of England’s greatest gardeners. It is hard to believe that this secluded haven of peace and tranquility is only 12 miles from Gatwick Airport and 30 miles from Central London. Enjoy glorious vistas from this remarkable 16th Century Elizabethan Manor, relax in surroundings of timeless elegance and savour top hospitality, fine wines and exquisite food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, Agoda and Hotel.de so you can book your Gravetye Manor Hotel and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gravetye Manor East Grinstead
- Gravetye Manor Hotel And Restaurant England/West Hoathly, UK