“Still very good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Io e Luna

Io e Luna
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Guarene
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Helsingborg
“Still very good food”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

This is one of our favourite restaurants in Piemonte, located in Guarene on the Roero side (less touristic than lovely Langhe). The food is based on the traditional Piemontese, but modernized and some dishes are spectacular. The view is great, too. The amuse and the bonus desserts are great, too. A minus for the wine list, because several of the wines we would have liked were on the list but not available.

• Visited May 2014

Turin, Italy
“Our best meal in Italy”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband took me and the family here for my birthday. Upon arrival I wasn't sure what to expect since the decor is a little 'cold'. The staff however, were anything but cold and were very helpful in trying to explain what certain dishes were. Before our 'ordered' starters arrived, we had already received 3 different 'amuses' - each one equally beautiful and tasty and this continued right until the coffee at the end! Make sure to leave some space for the coffee and pastries.... I know 4 euros sounds like a lot for coffee in Italy, but you won't be disappointed! Looking forward to returning!

• Visited July 2013
Canale, Italy
“Lovely food”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Great food, good service, extensive wine list, decor is a bit cold.
Delicious appetizers + dessert.
Almost Michelin Star level!!!!

• Visited June 2013
Helsingborg
“Modern, inventive food, based on tradition”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Very good, modern, inventive food but firmly based on the traditional Piemontese cuisine. Second visit and it is still very good! Were able to receive us at short notice for Sunday lunch. Had visitors by car also from as far away as Monte Carlo, so word must be spreading about this restaurant, which is well worth a visit!! Very small portions, but lots of small "extras".

• Visited November 2012
Hong Kong, China
“probably the best restaurant I have ever eaten in....”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

a lovely local winemaker, Massimo Penna, took myself and my friend to Io e Luna as his friend is the chef. WOW!!! I live in Hong Kong and travel the world and this is probably one of the most amazing if not the best food I have ever eaten. We were alone for lunch and very well looked after so I dont know what service is like when busy, but seriously, I think that it would be well worth the wait even if it is a bit slow. The decor needs to be overlooked. The food is sensational.

• Visited September 2012