“A nice place to stay”

Beaconsfield Farm Self Catering
Beautiful Shetland Islands
“A nice place to stay”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a night on our tour of the southwest. The b&b was well located and had a lovely garden.
The house is old and the room that we had was a tad creaky,with uneven floorboards, but I guess that this is the norm with houses this old. The bathroom decor was somewhat silvery and the roll top bath, although undoubtedly trendy and expensive, proved to be impractical when bathing. It was almost impossible to have a shower without soaking the floor as there was no shower curtain or screen.
The breakfast was was excellent and we certainly didn't go away hungry.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shetlandman
Carol5LL, Owner at Beaconsfield Farm Self Catering, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thankyou very much for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted you loved the house and garden, and thankyou for the lovely compliments about breakfast. I am sorry the newly refurbished bathroom was not to your taste, and I can see from your other reviews you prefer a more traditional decor. I am afraid the roll top bath is not really meant to be a shower, and I do not market it as such - it does have a shower attachment for washing hair... but I do, however, have other rooms with walk in showers or showers over the bath which would probably have been more suitable. I hope if you are ever touring the West Country again, I can welcome you back to Beaconsfield Farm. Carol

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have just got back from Beaconsfield Farm Bed and Breakfast. We decided to book this relatively in a short time period as we was undecided at first with the weather on going away somewhere warm for a few days or staying in the UK. Im really glad we booked this. The farm is lovely, the food is fantastic and Carol made us feel very welcome. We stayed in the stables self catering which is such a lovely place and definitely lives up to 5 stars. The guest room in the farm has a lovely area where you can help yourself to latte, cappucinos etc and pick up emails and Wifi. The farm is set in lovely grounds and very close to Wells (fantastic Catherdral), Glastonbury and Cheddar Gorge etc.
I would recomment this B & B to anyone. The smoked salmon for breakfast was great!

Room Tip: Stables room has a lovely area to sit out with table and chairs, i watched the sun set over the hori...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you SO much for the fabulous review... I am over the moon! Thank you also for the lovely compliments about The Stables suite and the breakfasts. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Carol
Cheshunt, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My wife and I had a couple of days left to take from our annual leave. We had always wanted to visit Wells, Glastonbury and the nearby attractions so I searched for a local to Wells, Bread and Breakfast and discovered Beaconsfield Farm. After checking through the website I made a telephone call and spoke with Carol. We discussed availability and settled on what I think was their best room, The Stables. The confirmation email arrived quickly confirming our booking.

To be perfectly honest we have often found that the web site descriptions do not match the reality but The Stables proved to be a stunning choice. Large Bedroom, large lounge, kitchen and bathroom, modern but cosy and spotlessly clean.

Carol was absolutely charming and offered to bring a hamper breakfast in the morning which was excellent and suited us perfectly.

We had planned to eat out locally but with accommodation this good......we stopped at Tesco and with a finest meal and a good bottle of red we spent a very enjoyable and comfortable evening in the accommodation. The second night we did eat out at the Wookey Hole Inn (a Carol recommendation).....it was excellent!

We never have a cooked breakfast but I was almost tempted when I saw the offering.

Apart from the fact it was a fantastic bed and breakfast the location for Wells, Wookey Hole, Glastonbury and Cheddar Gorge (which was why we were there), was brilliant!

Thank you so much........If you are planning a trip to Somerset we would recommend Beacons field Farm.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you SO much for taking the time to write this fabulous review. I am so pleased you loved The Stables and managed to keep warm in one of the coldest winters! Thankyou also for the lovely compliments. People like you make my job a pleasure and I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Carol
Hockley Heath, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here back in July 2012, Carol could not do enough for us, and even helped us due to hubby having his arm in a sling following major surgery (she was thoughtfull enough to cut up his food into fork sized managable pieces at breakfast without us asking) We stayed in the main house in a lovley room which had everything in it we needed, it also had fabulous views of the countryside. Greeted with tea and homemade cake on arrival which was most welcome and a complete suprise. Lovely to go for a walk about in the gardens and meet the horses owned by the family.
Only little draw back is the road to the farmhouse, which is so narrow only one car can get up or down it, with very few passing places, the hedges were so high you felt like you were in a tunnel, but that is down to the local farmers and not Beaconsfield owners

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Carol5LL, Owner at Beaconsfield Farm Self Catering, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thankyou very much for writing a review. I hope your Husband has made a full recovery from his surgery. Thankyou also for the lovely compliments - I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at Beaconsfield Farm. I think you may have come down through the lanes by Ebbor Gorge - some Satnavs navigate this way, but the main A.371 is more direct, but perhaps not quite as pretty. I hope to welcome you back again soon. Carol
Newbury
Reviewed January 22, 2013

There were lots of personal touches which made the stay special. In particular Carol catered for my gluten free breakfast option and there was a handy guide in the room for places to eat. We would recommend this B&B to anyone.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thankyou very much for the lovely review. I try to cater for all needs where possible and was very glad to help. I hope to welcome you back very soon. Carol
leicester
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed at Beaconsfield for 3 nights for our anniversary. The room was lovely and spacious with a large bathroom and top of the range toiletries. Superb breakfasts and host Carole was fabulous making sure that we were very welcome during our stay. Thank You for the wine anniversary gift as well Carole that was a lovely suprise. We would definitely recommend Beaconsfield.

• Stayed August 2012
Thankyou very much for choosing to spend your Anniversary at Beaconsfield Farm. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay, and would love to welcome you back if you are back in this area. Carol
Witham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed here for the August bank holiday weekend. This was our second visit and we love this b&b. The house and gardens are lovely and Carol makes you feel welcome and at home. Her breakfasts are really nice and well presented, as is the entire house.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thankyou for returning to Beaconsfield Farm and for taking the time to write a review. It was lovely to welcome you back, and I very much hope to see you again soon. Carol
Also consider these accommodations in or near Easton
Best Western Plus Swan Hotel
Cheddar Woods Resort & Spa
Stoberry House
Stoberry House
#4 of 37 in Wells

Been to Beaconsfield Farm Self Catering? Share your experiences!