“The best calamari”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 18, 2014

My husband and I found ourselves childless and whilst out and about stopped here on a busy Saturday lunchtime. This little place with views over the marina was quiet and peaceful. We enjoyed a wine and a plate to share. It was just the right amount of food for a light snack. There was calamari done two ways and they cooked it perfectly. It's a perfect little place slightly off the beaten track but if you are visiting our beautiful Sunshine Coast it's worth a try.

There are newer reviews for Portside Seafood Restaurant

Reviewed November 22, 2013

We were recommended this restaurant by friends, what a great little diner, waterfront marina views, beautiful food, great service by the lady who does everything herself, congrats

1  Thank RitaJohn
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed a lovely family dinner at Portside and found the food delicious, prices reasonable, staff super friendly & location perfect. Tucked away in a little side street in residential Buddina, it's not in a high traffic area easily visible by tourists, so feels very intimate...like having a meal at a friend or family member's home. I would imagine this restaurant is very popular with the locals. We look forward to returning & highly recommend it for all.

1  Thank naturelover232323
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We have been to Portside a number of times now and we have always had a great value for money meal. iIts mostly seafood with a few other dishes for non seafood eaters. Local fish and prawns dominate the menu with simple side salads. Alcohol is reasonably priced and there are some tasty deserts for those who make it that far through the menu. View is wonderful looking out over the Kawana marina. a good night out.

2  Thank Sunnygirllives
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This restaurant advertises all meals under $20 which I thought sounded pretty good. My partner and I went for dinner last April & thought the restaurant itself was quite nice with views looking out over the water.

I ordered their fish of the day and oh boy when it came out it looked exactly like it would have if I had bought it in newspaper from their fish & chip shop out the front, with a salad that looked like it was 2 days old (& tasted that way too).

If I had bought it from their shop I would have only paid $6-7 for it but you just can't throw it on a plate & charge $20 for it too!!!

Service was good, nice views but will stick to front of shop ordering from now on.

2  Thank NeilsGirl