Beachside Resort Kawana Waters
Twin Pines Motel(Mooloolaba)
Landmark Resort(Mooloolaba)
Mantra Zanzibar(Mooloolaba)
  • Pool
All reviewsshopping centresurf clubacross the roadreturn visitorssunshine coastgreat managementlarge balconythe managersshort walkpatrolled beachthese apartmentsplace to staygreat for familiesbedroom apartmentgames roomfree wificourt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I have just had four perfect relaxing days at Beachside. It was the first time for me and my wife and our new baby boy. It was what we needed - peaceful, no hassles, an easy walk across the park to the beach; just as easy to the main shopping centre. Good coffee shops just a stroll away - the unit was reasonably priced and everything worked.
I just spent a hectic six months writing Darren Lockyer's biography and needed somewhere upmarket yet quiet to clear my head. Now that I've told you about this place, be sure to buy my book as well.
It was everything we wanted and we'll be back. Dan and Meleah Koch, Keperra, Brisbane.

Room Tip: We had perfect weather, so could not make a judgment about rainy or windy times. Our second floor apartment was perfect.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I have stayed at this place twice before.
FIrst tim there old dodgy washing machine split its bearing and covered all our cloths in grease which they did nothing about and it took them 3 hours to come up and actually haver a look.

The second time we stayed there it was ok, service again was very abrupt and slightly rude. My partner went down stairs 3 minutes before they closed to get them to print something(we even offered to pay) and the mans reply was he has closed whilst sitting at his computer. She advised him it was really important and he closed the door on her.

Anyway.... I recently went to book this place again as its very well located and I rang the lady and she straight away was really rude(she didnt know who I was) I then enquired about some rooms as I was looking at taking all my staff there for a large confrence (we were looking at booking 8 rooms for 4 nights) she argued with me about sending an invoice to me so our accounts department woudl pay it. she said they only needed a deposit I advised here we would pay in full now which was 1 month out, she continued to argue saying thats not how you do business.

This place is in a great location and the rooms are not bad value for what you pay.
BUT GET RID OF THE MANAGEMENT PLEASE.... they will slowly ruin that business with there rudeness. They need to be told they are in a service industry and if they dont like it get out of it.

POOR FOR MANAGERS I HOPE YOU PICK YOUR ACT UP AS WE WILL NEVER GO BACK AND I HAVE GIVEN YOU 2 CHANCES ALREADY.

Room Tip: avoid the managers.... they are rude and need a reality check
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank wagyuGoldCoast
SideSun, Manager at Beachside Resort Kawana Waters, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2011

Quite unfair. 1st stay was over a year ago, guests used a washing machine to try and clean cloths used to wipe grease off their mobile kitchen whilst working at a home show. There was nothing wrong with the washer after it was cleaned and it is still working today. Issue was 6pm on Saturday evening, staff responded within hour and worked to clean up their mess while they were off having dinner.

The truth has been stretched quite a bit in the second issue. We were contacted when off site at around 8pm as they needed something printed. We happily did it for them the next morning and all was OK. Why complain now and state untruths? Why would they try to book again if unhappy.

Recently there was another enquiry for a weekend when we had very little availability. It was explained that we unfortunately could not accommodate them. They brought up the prior issues and got angry as they thought we were refusing their booking on previous experiences. Not the case. Stating they would pay up front was not going to allow us to cancel other guests bookings to fit them in. It is unfair that negative comments like this are public and affect our reputation. It's their 1st review and we suggest if looking for a Gourmet Encounter you should shop elsewhere.

Reviewed September 24, 2011

We enjoyed our stay and did not want to leave. The staff treated us with utter courtesy and friendlyness. The extremely spacious unit had a house-sized kitchen complete with dishwasher, appliances & full cooking facilities. Our huge balcony gave us a stunning view overlooking the beautiful green oval and children's playground between the hotel and the ocean. We watched the sunrise every morning and countless ships and sailing boats passing by. Within walking distance of shopping centre & restaurants. The resort is situated in a quiet area and we enjoyed good nights' rest.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I enjoyed my stay. The staff was friendly. The balcony was huge and had a stunning view over looking kawana. The unit was spacious and had a house sized kitchen which was great to see. The only fault would be that the couch was broken, the room and lift had an unpleasant smell and the TV wasnt digital which was a shame as I missed a week of my favourite shows! Otherwise I look forward to coming back.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Can't fault the place . Friendly staff . Very clean premises and rooms and beautifully kept grounds . Extremely spacious units with house-sized kitchens . Even twin ovens , you can cook up a storm . And so central to mall shopping , restaurants , bars , RSA / surf club and patrolled beach . All this within 5 minutes walk . Yet situated in a quiet area for a good night's rest .

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family