“Best dinner ive had in years”
Review of Meson de Calahonda

Meson de Calahonda
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Meson De Calahonda is located at the open Shopping Center (El Zoco) in the Urbanización Calahonda. It is decorated in a rustic Spanish Style.Our cuisine is a blend between the traditional Spanish style and a Mediterranean touch.We are a Spanish,Traditional Restaurant with moré that 20 years of experience!! Highly Recommended¡We Would like to invite you to try our mediterránean cuisine!!All our products are fresh and homemade!Lovely Food & Quality Prices.Excelence Wines Selection.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best dinner ive had in years”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

This place is amazing, the whole ambiance is out of this world. With food and service that is second to none, definitely some of the best I have had ever on the costa del sol. I took my mum with me on recomendation from a friend and evan she said the same. She was so impressed shes told me when she comes back to visit spain we are to go straight there.

1 Thank DaveKarbonKlub

• Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Spain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and great service.”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I visited this restaurant with with my Friends and family and fort the food was fantastic, great service, and very polite staff. I would certainly visit this restaurant again x

1 Thank Jakeyyyy
Doncaster
“Fantastic service, food and setting”
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

We visited this restaurant after seeing the reviews on trip advisor. To start the setting is really lovely in a courtyard which when we visited was not too overcrowded but had atmosphere.

The food- I had prawns pilpil which were delicious and my husband the mussels. Both were very good size portions and were very fresh. To follow I had the sole and my husband the grilled sea bass. The waiter suggested a garlic and chilli oil dressing for the sea bass which was a lovely touch. Again both were delicious. For pudding my husband had the almond tart which came with a ice cream and fresh fruit. I tried some of it for him, it would have been rude not too :)

Service - exceptional service, we were asked if everything was good with our meals, if we wanted anything else. It was attentive but not intrusive.

We will definitely be returning. Highly recommended.

Visited June 2014
Melton Mowbray Leics
“Rather Poor”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We ate here earlier this month and have to say it was very disappointing especially considering how its been reviewed on tripadvisor. Starters were stuffed peppers and a plate of mixed tapas, the peppers were especially disappointing as they were filled with a slopy filling which tasted of nothing in particular except thickening agent they were really quite disgusting. The mixed tapas was rice with some beetroot and other vegetables. It looked quite pretty but was unlike any tapas I have previously ordered elsewhere, and was very bland in its flavour. We had a seafood paella for the main course and our joint opinion was that it was a packet mix, there was very little seafood in it whilst not inedible it was not a great taste and the rice was sticking together. Service was o.k speed wise but no one came to see if the meal was ok, and no one asked when we received the bill, perhaps they knew what we thought of it. The bottle of wine we had was the best thing about the meal.
The dated 28th May from eyeji does not relate to this restaurant but to Meson Dona Lola which is where the 20 euro steak offer was.We did eat several times at the Meson Dona lola and found the food to be of a much better quality and the service more attentive.

4 Thank Momelt
Coleford, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Firstly, I want to say 4 and a half stars.

This restaurant has class and atmosphere. We had booked by email from England based on the Trip Advisor reviews and we weren't disappointed; when the gentleman apologised at the end for not taking time with us I think that he really did feel that they had been a little too rushed to give the type of service that would have attracted five stars. Some details were great; for example, the Patron certainly knows his wine and the mid-range bottle we enjoyed was excellent. The table which they had reserved for us was well chosen and allowed us to enjoy the lively ambience yet to feel that we were still within a quality restaurant.

Now to the food. Truth to say I was just a little disappointed; the mixed tapas starter was the highlight of the meal for me - clever, modern, tasty and beautifully presented. We followed the waiter/host's recommendation and had suckling pig, which is something of a regional speciality and which we have enjoyed before in Southern Spain. the promised crackling was a big letdown (partially due to word meanings, I imagine) and whilst the meal was good it wasn't exceptional. My dessert was frankly rather disappointing - I had lukewarm pancakes when I had expected crepes but my wife's poached pear dessert was excellent.

The service was fine ( slow to start with, but they were busy, and we enjoyed coffee and the complimentary liqueur). Overall I don't think we quite caught the place at its best. We weren't let down but it's not cheap and was maybe suffering a little from its own success. It's a pleasant place to visit and I think the owners (it's a family business) take pride in what they do. If we return to the area I'll probably try it again - so it's pretty good!

• Visited May 2014